Just a bit of Jadis

Ciaran

Re: Just a bit of Jadis

Post by Ciaran »

Diapason wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:54 pm JA 200s, on dem as a potential upgrade to his JA 80s. I doubt very much that they'll be leaving!
Wow! I nearly had a home dem of JA 200s a long time ago, but somebody earlier in the queue bought them on me! I'm sure they're wonderful.
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

That looks a serious setup. Have heard a lot of valve amps in my time but never Jadis. Only one comment, close those curtains!
tony

Post by tony »

What happened here did they end up staying?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Of course!

Actually, I believe there's now a pair of JA200s in Cloney if you fancy joining the club yourself...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

of course I would fancy them but who needs JA200's when Nigeamp is going roll off the production line soon!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yes, they did indeed end up staying Tony. And are making some very good sounds! Quite an amount of effort for them to physically fit in the living room but very happy with the new self made rack that I put together to do the trick.

Definitely a real step up from the previous JA80's. Came with Winged C 6550c's. Which certainly seem to live up to following they have in various parts. Although in truth I have yet to try any other valve options with them.

As Si says, there's another used pair that just came into Cloney. For a truly phenomenal price! Far, far less than anything I've seen in last 18mths... I'm sure will find a good home very soon.
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM