Just a bit of Jadis

Diapason

Just a bit of Jadis

Post by Diapason »

I popped over to Steve's last night to hear his new arrivals and the sight that greeted me was something to behold:

They sounded pretty good... ;)
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Just a bit of Jadis

Post by Fran »

Now that, gentlemen, is what ya call a fine set of amplifiers!
Do or do not, there is no try
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Yes, that IS nice! :)

Will love to hear something like that.

Just to say, that my door is open to anyone, who wants to hear a bit of DIY amps. I would love to hear the opinion /good or bad/ of people, who are in to that kind of stuff. :)
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

That's a lot of amp
Maybe my two box idea ain't so crazy at that rate
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Lovely! What are the new ones?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

JA 200s, on dem as a potential upgrade to his JA 80s. I doubt very much that they'll be leaving!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

At 440w / channel,

Bigger electricity bills ahoy!!

On the other hand.... savings to be made on central heating costs!

You see.... all these things balance out in the end!!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
tony

Post by tony »

Very nice certainly enough juice on tap there. Are they more dynamic then the 'smaller' Jadis amps?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Steve

Post by Steve »

They're certainly a very different proposition to the JA80's! The extra power really frees up the whole presentation from the plane of the speakers. Gives so much more resolution and space to each piece of the mix. Very enticing indeed. I think fair to say we certainly enjoyed the experience, particularly on hi-res tracks where the unforced natural and open nature of the amps really came to the fore.

Logistics may be a bit of an issue alright. They obviously take up a lot of floor space and shamelessly convert a lot of juice to directly heating the house. But also possess a magic that is a level above their smaller brethren..
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

That couch will have to go... and you may need security glass on that window!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable