It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

Diapason

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by Diapason »

Just so you know, I'm loving the pics as well, and can't wait to see and hear the final offering!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Fran wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:56 pm I'll send up a sheet or two to you tomorrow Nigel and you can try it and see if it would work.
cool
I don't mind doing some drilling - if there's a listening session to be had and you could cut some alu flat and print a few template sheets I could take some off you for doing the drilling and tapping.

Fran
yea im not that fond of tapping, there will be delegation for sure
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Huge amount of work Nigel. You can take it as a given that we are all loving the photo's. The amp group buy didn't start out with this level of finish in mind but it has morphed into something really special Wish I could be more help on this, but unfortunately I think it would definitely explode.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

forgot where i put em more like
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:22 am Huge amount of work Nigel. You can take it as a given that we are all loving the photo's. The amp group buy didn't start out with this level of finish in mind but it has morphed into something really special Wish I could be more help on this, but unfortunately I think it would definitely explode.
yea the build quality is far ahead of expectation,
the panels and fixings will be very sturdy and the connectors now are pretty and strong
and with the pcbs and power management
all of which don't make it sound better but it should be reliable and long lasting

also because were building all of them together they will actually get built
and wont be just various components sitting in a box somewhere like it could with a kit

the cases and accessories are a large proportion of cost in diy projects, its usually the area to skimp

looks like the cases are taking the scenic route too.....
sima66

Post by sima66 »

This might be interesting case for the money:

https://world.taobao.com/item/454684047 ... .66.199AWN
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Slow progress but I should start getting at least 2 sets out a week from here on in, having a little difficulty with the latest batch of plastic, not sticking too well to the table and curling on the corners but I will get there eventually.

Having another go at printing the rods that set the gap between top and bottom sections again over the weekend after a fail last weekend.

Bit of a learning experience printing the full size of the table but worth the effort.

The gap is in there below for the struts
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

These are great Pearse. I was saying that they actually polish the build - sometimes you get stuff like this that you realise are key enablers of getting stuff done. It makes the build much nicer and I think we all will appreciate them in the cases at assembly!
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Damn that looks great, love the text
a real center piece

the cases did not arrive yet, it kinda scuppered my plans
Terry

Post by Terry »

Need a 'like' button. Brilliant work.
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.