Does anyone own Sonus Faber Elipsas?

Ken Moreland

Re: Does anyone own Sonus Faber Elipsas?

Post by Ken Moreland »

Ivor wrote:Simon. She's a keeper.
At first, I agreed with Ivor , but I don't believe you, you're working up how to tell her, something like "they are much bigger than they seemed in the photos, but good value for 100€"
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ken Moreland wrote:
Ivor wrote:Simon. She's a keeper.
At first, I agreed with Ivor , but I don't believe you, you're working up how to tell her, something like "they are much bigger than they seemed in the photos, but good value for 100€"
KM
LOL, you're forgetting that everything's hidden away in the mancave, so when I buy new equipment and spend all my time tinkering with it, she doesn't have to look at it (or me!)
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Terry

Post by Terry »

Well done Simon... delighted for you. Fantastic period of anticipation and tinkering ahead. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with them.

Terry
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.
tony

Post by tony »

Great well done it is nice to talk it out before jumping and I fully understand the feeling and trepidation but you seem to have found a set of gems.

Looking forward to hearing them.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thanks all. I'll be back shortly to get advice on changing the decor in the mancave to reflect the more elegant speakerage.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

well done Simon, exciting times. At the very least it'll spawn a few interesting threads on the forum, hopefully positive ones. :-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

DaveF wrote:well done Simon, exciting times. At the very least it'll spawn a few interesting threads on the forum, hopefully positive ones. :-)
Not sure where you are coming from on that Dave, I thought it was accepted at this point that the only component that can truly make a difference is an audiopc??
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sebna

Post by sebna »

Wow! Things are moving fast. I remember looking at the thread few days ago when it was just one page. Now it is 7 and the deal is done :)

Congrats on new speakers :) Gorgeous looks and I am sure sound to follow :) Will be very interesting to read your first impressions :)

I remember when I was buying Meitner from USA. The guy ticked all the boxes over the phone so without much hesitation I have sent him good few bobs and then it went all very quiet. No phone or emails answered but close to week after I got notification from customs office... that was probably the most welcomed tax bill in my life... it turned out the seller went for some kind of trip and forgot to mention it to me :D
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I love it when a plan comes together..... Happy days....

What speaker are you replacing them with?
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Seán

Post by Seán »

tony wrote:
DaveF wrote:well done Simon, exciting times. At the very least it'll spawn a few interesting threads on the forum, hopefully positive ones. :-)
Not sure where you are coming from on that Dave, I thought it was accepted at this point that the only component that can truly make a difference is an audiopc??
Well I hope not because I NEVER read any of the threads.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler