Tower Records/Cloney's

cybot

Re: Tower Records/Cloney's

Post by cybot »

Anybody know which day next week they're opening?
k99_64

Post by k99_64 »

james wrote:https://twitter.com/TowerDublin/status/ ... 0156727296

"...
Dawson Street store will have lots of new stuff like a super cool Audio Listening Suite from our deadly friends at Cloney Audio
..."
I think everyone is with me when i say

Seán

Post by Seán »

there will be a dedicated classical section with plush carpet and a big couch on which to chill!
They should forget the carpet, just present loads of cds and keep out the noise pollution from the other sections.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

that is grizzly adams right?
Do or do not, there is no try
Seán

Post by Seán »

Fran wrote:that is grizzly adams right?
That is Robert Redford as the character Jeremiah Johnson in Sydney Pollack's 1972 western film of the same name.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
markof

Post by markof »

Seán wrote:
Fran wrote:that is grizzly adams right?
That is Robert Redford as the character Jeremiah Johnson in Sydney Pollack's 1972 western film of the same name.
A real historical mountain man known as "Liver Eatin' Johnson" to his enemies.
A poor businessman though. He established a whiskey fort, Fort Whoop-up, near Lethbridge, Alberta. Unfortunately the potential clientele of the time comprised tea-totaling presbyterian farmers and mennonites. The venture quickly went south along with Johnson.

Mark.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Walked passed the new place this morning. Its not open yet but from the looks of things its not too far off. The old place on wicklow st is closed with a sign saying the new place is open next week. No specific date given though.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

An article about Tower Records and Cloney Audio appeared in the Metro newspaper today. Mostly about the growth in vinyl and TT sales etc. Good exsposure for them and hopefully it'll be good for business.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
papaspice

Post by papaspice »

Although it makes perfect sense for them to collaborate, I'm a bit confused by Cloney Audio. Why are they calling it "The Listening Suite" when there is already a showroom called The Listening Suite? If it's an attempt to freeze out their competition, it doesn't make sense because if anything it'll lead people to the other shop if they type in The Listening Suite into google. It's actually borderline moronic if you ask me.
terrybites

Post by terrybites »

The tweet from Tower mentions "a super cool audio listening suite" - more of a description than a name. Would be surprised if Tower went and blatantly clone(y)d Jonathan and David's brand.