Tower Records/Cloney's

tony

Tower Records/Cloney's

Post by tony »

Maybe this was noted already but what seems a very smart move by Cloney's they are teaming up with Tower when they move to their new Dawson street store shortly and will provide a 'Listening Suite' for punters to hear 'High End' kit.

Really great idea exposing all age groups to what is possible. Browse and choose your music and if tempted have a listen on some nice kit. Hey presto new generation hooked after they go home and hear their stuff coming out of PC speakers.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
james

Re: Tower Records/Cloney's

Post by james »

Are you sure abou this - is it 'Cloney Audio' or 'The Listenning Suite' ?
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
cybot

Post by cybot »

That's a fantastic idea whoever's doing it :) Happy days!
tony

Post by tony »

james wrote:Are you sure abou this - is it 'Cloney Audio' or 'The Listenning Suite' ?
James my dear boy I am quoting the 'Irish Times' they couldn't be wrong could they??
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Definitely Cloney. Ivan mentioned before Christmas that there was big news coming about something new in town, now I know!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Claus

Post by Claus »

I had this as one of my many mad business ideas: But it was more in the vain of setting up a vinyl/classical cd/eclectic exotica - along with affordable systems with nice design and good sound to counter the whole mp3/crappy pc speaker/docking station habits of the young generation. I have spoken to a few young people and there is a real hunger for valves and turntables, but with the rents in Dublin you would have to shift a fair amount of goods to break even.

I just hope punters will be greeted with a truly open mind when they come along to listen. Feeling like you nearly have to pay an entrance fee is certainly not going to make people feel more tempted to enter the HiFi hobby.
I wish them luck!
james

Post by james »

https://twitter.com/TowerDublin/status/ ... 0156727296

"...
Dawson Street store will have lots of new stuff like a super cool Audio Listening Suite from our deadly friends at Cloney Audio
..."
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yes it is Cloneys, and yes in Tower records in Dawson St.

Opening next week I think.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Seán

Post by Seán »

That is fantastic news.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Great news alright. Hopefully the listening room will have decent noise isolation from the rest of the store if possible.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP