MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

Yes!!!! 24bit playing now. Now the fun can start. Working on the zuma using core r2 will give it a try now on my laptop using 8.1
Many thanks Gordon.

Working fine on laptop and playing 16bit also. Too late for me tonight to do much testing but the ray brown trio track sounded very nice to me.

Seems like one of those great breakthrough days with Nigel's work on the ram power on the buildanaudiopc thread. It might cost some of us a few mobo's if we try following suit.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:Yes!!!! 24bit playing now. Now the fun can start. Working on the zuma using core r2 will give it a try now on my laptop using 8.1
Many thanks Gordon.

Working fine on laptop and playing 16bit also. Too late for me tonight to do much testing but the ray brown trio track sounded very nice to me.
phew, glad it's working for someone, have gone back to sse4 and shall do a tweaked win 8.1 version. did a comparison with jlp and was surprised at how bad jlp sounded, very muddy.
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:Yes!!!! 24bit playing now. Now the fun can start. Working on the zuma using core r2 will give it a try now on my laptop using 8.1
Many thanks Gordon.

phew, glad it's working for someone, have gone back to sse4 and shall do a tweaked win 8.1 version. did a comparison with jlp and was surprised at how bad jlp sounded, very muddy.
If it works for me the guru's will have no problem. Well a lot of us have come to that conclusion so far with JLP. Sorry I don't understand the programming bits but maybe KS just doesn't cut it. Are you going to try and MQNise JLP? Not sure if that is possible. No doubt a lot of people would like to use the LMS interface as it has always been popular on the various forums.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Even new version doesn't do 24/96 for me. It would start, beautiful sound, but after 15-20 sec, crackling. It does play 16/44.
I did download hirez control too.
:(((
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

tony wrote: If it works for me the guru's will have no problem. ....

Tony
Don't forget that the latest 2.73 versions only worked for a few people that were all using (I believe) the Amanero based DAC. So those versions were no longer generally usable.

So I hope Gordon can find the way back to what is working for everybody.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:...
the development choices that were made for MQn were designed to avoid that sound, so guess it's tailored to my system to an extent, but I have other high quality sources to compare it with so I know how my system behaves.
Or it just comes down to personal preferences. I have heared other high end systems too, that were very, very good in what they did, but it didn't rock my boat.

I would preferably see a player that's not tweaked to a certain type sound character or tonality, but tries to keep in neutral waters.

The most neutral IMHO is just to present the music with the most details, the most transparency and clarity and let the tonal character of the owners hifi gear determine how it will sound in the end.

Cheers

Aleg
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:...
the development choices that were made for MQn were designed to avoid that sound, so guess it's tailored to my system to an extent, but I have other high quality sources to compare it with so I know how my system behaves.
Or it just comes down to personal preferences. I have heared other high end systems too, that were very, very good in what they did, but it didn't rock my boat.

I would preferably see a player that's not tweaked to a certain type sound character or tonality, but tries to keep in neutral waters.

The most neutral IMHO is just to present the music with the most details, the most transparency and clarity and let the tonal character of the owners hifi gear determine how it will sound in the end.

Cheers

Aleg
the sound I get with realtime is also the sound that some of the less optimal settings produce so I guess that's why I equate it with being a poorer quality sound. At least you have a way of getting the sound you like.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:
sbgk wrote:
Many thanks Gordon.

If it works for me the guru's will have no problem. Well a lot of us have come to that conclusion so far with JLP. Sorry I don't understand the programming bits but maybe KS just doesn't cut it. Are you going to try and MQNise JLP? Not sure if that is possible. No doubt a lot of people would like to use the LMS interface as it has always been popular on the various forums.
wasapi is a wrapper for ks, so ks is not the problem, it is either portaudio code or the squeezelite streaming code or a combination of both, also lms seems to affect the sound.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Aleg wrote:

Cheers

Aleg
the sound I get with realtime is also the sound that some of the less optimal settings produce so I guess that's why I equate it with being a poorer quality sound. At least you have a way of getting the sound you like.
And that's why I say you should try to keep it neutral, because different people have different opinions on what is optimal and better quality. One man's trash is another man's treasure and vice versa, so to speak.

That's why I was asking a few pages back if there could be found an objective reference point, so one could keep a developer's personal preferences out of the picture. Unfortunately nobody took it up for discussion.

Cheers

Aleg
tony

Post by tony »

Aleg wrote:
tony wrote: If it works for me the guru's will have no problem. ....

Tony
Don't forget that the latest 2.73 versions only worked for a few people that were all using (I believe) the Amanero based DAC. So those versions were no longer generally usable.

So I hope Gordon can find the way back to what is working for everybody.

Cheers

Aleg
Missed that! Hopefully Gordon can apply that easily to some of the 2.71's and 2.66's.

The tasker.exe just opens and closes on me? Is that correct or what part of the abc have I missed?