Devialet 170

block

Re: Devialet 170

Post by block »

Out of interest did any owners hung there dev to the wall?

I think that's mad as kinda cool and modern not sure if I'd do it myself as you should see the nails I used to put up my framed pictures not great at DIY 8)
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Had my first experience of vinyl playback through the Dev today. Adrian, to whom I sold my old TT to this time last year, sold the TT back to me recently, lol. Never thought I'd see it again but here it is back in the living room. It will fill in nicely until I eventually buy a more high end TT in the future.

Great to see you back in the world of music (and indeed vinyl) again Dave! Hope you enjoy it all.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:
DaveF wrote:Had my first experience of vinyl playback through the Dev today. Adrian, to whom I sold my old TT to this time last year, sold the TT back to me recently, lol. Never thought I'd see it again but here it is back in the living room. It will fill in nicely until I eventually buy a more high end TT in the future.

Great to see you back in the world of music (and indeed vinyl) again Dave! Hope you enjoy it all.
Thanks Fergus. Great to have the black stuff spinning again. Nothing quite like it. Hope that Project Tube II is serving you well.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote: Thanks Fergus. Great to have the black stuff spinning again. Nothing quite like it. Hope that Project Tube II is serving you well.

Great Dave, thank you.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

Congrtulations Dave, I am delighted to see that you are, once again, enjoying the black stuff. Is that the Clearaudio TT?
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Seán wrote: Congrtulations Dave, I am delighted to see that you are, once again, enjoying the black stuff. Is that the Clearaudio TT?
Yes its the Clearaudio one. Never heard this TT sound as warm before. It would seem that the phonostage in the Dev is extremely transparent and its just letting the cart do its thing.
Several other owners have reported this too. Some even take the output an existing DAC or CDP and feed it into the Dev. Even though the unit will redigitise the signal, it will retain any 'character' from the source. Would be curious how a valve based CDP would sound through it.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Claus

Post by Claus »

DaveF wrote:
Seán wrote: Congrtulations Dave, I am delighted to see that you are, once again, enjoying the black stuff. Is that the Clearaudio TT?
Yes its the Clearaudio one. Never heard this TT sound as warm before. It would seem that the phonostage in the Dev is extremely transparent and its just letting the cart do its thing.
Several other owners have reported this too. Some even take the output an existing DAC or CDP and feed it into the Dev. Even though the unit will redigitise the signal, it will retain any 'character' from the source. Would be curious how a valve based CDP would sound through it.
Great to hear you are happy with the Dev!
Just give me PM if you want me to bring a BAT valve based CDP around :)
Darek

Post by Darek »

Hi everyone my Devialet on the wall :)

Last edited by Darek on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darek

Post by Darek »

Because finally I know haw to add picture in to my posts I like to show haw Devialet looks on the wall.
paulb

Post by paulb »

Now, forgetting the system...that's the coolest clock ever!