Turntable Cartridge choice ?

Dowser

Re: Turntable Cartridge choice ?

Post by Dowser »

Fran wrote:Anorak alert - that would be a Garrard 301 I believe....
Anorak correction alert - Thorens TD 124 I believe (301 doesn't have the adjuster on the side?) :)

Richard

Edit to add: DOH - a 3 page thread, not a 1 page one, LOL!
bod

Post by bod »

sdiesel77 wrote:I just ordered a shure m97xe, for 80€ delivery included i ain t taking too much risk... :-)

I ll give u my opinion on it once back home (at te moment traveling witin Japan ;-) )
No risk at all. You NAD deck has an RB250 no? I have the Feickhert protractor if you need to borrow it for set-up. Alternitavely if you`re in Dublin or thereabouts you can drop up to me or I`ll drop down to you to set it up. ONe very important thing though, you will need a 2mm spacer for the RB 250 as the Shure cart is quite tall. Cloney may have one knockin about or else order one online. Only about a tenner in total if I recall correctly.
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

bod wrote:
sdiesel77 wrote:I just ordered a shure m97xe, for 80€ delivery included i ain t taking too much risk... :-)

I ll give u my opinion on it once back home (at te moment traveling witin Japan ;-) )
No risk at all. You NAD deck has an RB250 no? I have the Feickhert protractor if you need to borro
w it for set-up. Alternitavely if you`re in Dublin or thereabouts you can drop up to me or I`ll drop down to you to set it up. ONe very important thing though, you will need a 2mm spacer for the RB 250 as the Shure cart is quite tall. Cloney may have one knockin about or else order one online. Only about a tenner in total if I recall correctly.
Hey

Thanks but don t have the NAD deck but a custom turntable with a technics mkII arm, it should be fine I hope.
Tubes & Vinyls are making life brighter..
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

It all depends on the music. I don't think any cartridge could make this sound good ...
Attachments
Yodeling-In-HiFi-500x483.jpg
Yodeling-In-HiFi-500x483.jpg (128 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

Hey - you should have dropped that off to me last night ;-)

Richard
peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

I'm currently using an ortofon mc25e that has replaced a goldring 1042. I'd recommend both. The ortofon is more musical at the cost of being more sensitive to noisier older recordings. The goldring seems to play all records with very little crackle/pops. I am planning on selling it soon so if you are interested drop me a pm .