Blues - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Blues - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Image

Came across this one in Tower today(the last copy there I think) and I remembered Cybots comments on it above. It is indeed a stonker! Only 500 vinyl pressings made available.
Only coming across your post just now Dave! Glad you agree and I love the silhouettes of the birds on the
inside sheet.
Derek

Post by Derek »

tony wrote:thanks for the offer Derek, I will reserve that for a more expensive john hurt purchase. I really appreciate the service from tirnahifi.Where else would you get it?

I have listening to a little of it and it seems very gentle easy listening stuff.Probably has more of an edge than I have identified. Havent had enough time to listen to it end to end. He is certainly different to anything else I have so feel he will be worth the effort
You're very welcome!

The very thing you identified about MJH is the thing I love, his music and style are totally relaxed no aggression or edge.
It allows you to explore the simple genius of his guitar picking.
Many well-heeled exponents of the instrument have tried to emulate his playing, few have succeeded, deceptively simple, amazingly subtle technique.

Pop the CD into the player, sit with a wee drop of your favourite tipple and let the music take you.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

finishin off side 2 tonight.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

Derek, Your fav John Hurt is well worth the €3.49 I wont be taking you up on the refund offer. I would recommend this album to anybody who hasn't listened to blues and is nervous about dipping in. You cant go wrong its excellent. Sound is not state of the art but this guy is worth trying out. Folk singer by Mwater is excellent as well. Both were suggested by forum founders and couldnt be faulted.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Maybe we should start a MJH movement.

The Muddy Waters Folk Singer is super, one of the best-recorded and subsequently brilliantly remastered Blues albums ever, and on SACD it’s very good but far better on vinyl.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Derek wrote:Maybe we should start a MJH movement.

The Muddy Waters Folk Singer is super, one of the best-recorded and subsequently brilliantly remastered Blues albums ever, and on SACD it’s very good but far better on vinyl.
I didnt realise that it was on SACD too. I have both the vinyl and the cd version. Didnt do a comparison between them yet.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I spotted this one on the 'net by pure chance and grabbed it... it's just amazing. It's a soundtrack to a movie I'm unaware of up until now. Denzil Washington directs and stars in it, it seems he picked the music too so kudos to him.

http://www.kevchino.com/review/various- ... s-ost/1453

You can hear clips here on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Debaters-Va ... B000Y2WAY8
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Derek

Post by Derek »

Bettye LaVette

She be playing "The Village" on Fri 11th
I have me ticket in me grubby little hand!!