11-20
17%
>20
11%

Total votes: 18

Rocker

Re: How many CDs do you buy a month?

Post by Rocker »

Varies but a couple every month especially if they are on specials [2 for €14]. I check out charity shops too, got some amazing disks for a €1 [Master of Puppets for one]. I am trying to cut down on buying and spend more time actually listening to them.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Gussy Finknottle

Post by Gussy Finknottle »

I go to Cologne 4 times a year and after spending a day in Saturn Records i always reach my baggage limit with Ryan Air
He who dies with the most expensive HiFi wins
Jared

Post by Jared »

I think the classical answer might be... a few more than Matt & Simon, not quite as many as Fergus & Sean, and no-where near as many as Darren... ;-)
Seán

Post by Seán »

I submitted > 20 because I bought more than 530 CDs last year. I collected more than a dozen in January and none this month, I haven't even spent my Amazon.fr voucher yet. I do not intend on buying many CDs this year. I have enough to listen to and to explore in much greater depth.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

Diapason wrote:Not really a hifi issue, but I'm looking for responses from both classical and non-classical listeners.

I've been buying a fair few CDs recently (and feeling strangely guilty about it, what with the recession an' all) and I'm wondering how many CDs our resident Tirnahifiers are buying in an average month. Feel free to explain yourself if you so desire, or just answer anonymously if you're afraid your other half is lurking!
Cleanse yourself of any guilt Simon and just enjoy them, buy well and you'll have them for the rest of your life.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

The guilt is short-lived I can assure you. Just had a quick run through the latest haul and it all sounds fantastic.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:Cleanse yourself of any guilt Simon and just enjoy them, buy well and you'll have them for the rest of your life.
"Sound" advice Seán!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra