11-20
17%
>20
11%

Total votes: 18

Diapason

How many CDs do you buy a month?

Post by Diapason »

Not really a hifi issue, but I'm looking for responses from both classical and non-classical listeners.

I've been buying a fair few CDs recently (and feeling strangely guilty about it, what with the recession an' all) and I'm wondering how many CDs our resident Tirnahifiers are buying in an average month. Feel free to explain yourself if you so desire, or just answer anonymously if you're afraid your other half is lurking!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Re: How many CDs do you buy a month?

Post by Ivor »

When I worked in town I was buying a fair few regularly (huge understatement) but not so much now. I found I was buying so many I didn't get a chance to really listen to them. I'm happy playing "catch-up" now.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Buying approx 4-8 a month and kinda similar to Ivor. Playing catch up lots of the time. Some I have hardly listened to for example Radiohead I bought lots of them but spend most of the time listening to Kid A. Some listened to once but doubt if I will ever return and some am pleasantly surprised havent left it unplayed since purchase for a fairly long period of time. Some have been slow growers but have been worth the effort i.e. Miles Davis. No feeling of guilt as most are from play.com,cdwow or spindizzy and are costing less than €6. Re classical I just cant put the effort into listening to it even though I can really enjoy hearing a nice piece.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
fergus

Post by fergus »

I am still buying a lot because I have a specific List that I have been trying to reduce for over two years now. Once that List has been significantly reduced I will definitely ease off....probably towards the middle to the end of this year.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I fairly regularly drop a hundred quid in tower/freebird - prob about once a month. Buying mainly vinyl....
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Vinyl comes in disc form, and it's compact compared to a galaxy, say, so it counts. :)
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Dearg Doom

Post by Dearg Doom »

I would buy 3-5 cd's a month and then every couple of months or so will take a trip to Freebird to stock up on a few slabs of vinyl.
JAW

Post by JAW »

I get 3-5 a month on average, although it could well be more occassionally. Very few would be full price as I'm at an age that a lot of the stuff I like is being discounted. I am making a conscious effort to buy less as I am not giving most discs a proper hearing. For example, I bought Let England Shake last week, played it once, felt it would be grower but have passed it over several times since to play something I'm more familiar with. Lazy listening, maybe?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I've recently taken the view that if the CD I'm buying is about the same price as a Cappuccino, then it's ok if I only get 15 minutes enjoyment out of it.
tony

Post by tony »

Fran wrote:I fairly regularly drop a hundred quid in tower/freebird - prob about once a month. Buying mainly vinyl....
Yes thats why I am buy cds. Just cant go there. I would guess once one admits to that level it could be even more?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.