Blues - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Blues - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

Enjoying this double vinyl edition at the moment...Was dismayed to find out that 'ol Hubert Sumlin (Howlin' Wolf's guitarist) died recently. Specifically the 4th of December last. He was 80 years young.

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:Enjoying this double vinyl edition at the moment...
Is the quality good?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Ivor wrote:
Is the quality good?
I have a copy of that on vinyl also. The quality is pretty good alright considering. Definitely worth picking up.
Tower tend to have a copy or two in stock.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I have it on CD and I'm happy enough with that... I'll buy something else on vinyl instead!

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
Is the quality good?

Just seeing this now. As Dave already said the quality is fine but Ivor, you most definitely NEED the sleeve :) Also I got my copy in Spindizzy for €23.99. Tower were selling it for €28.99 just before Christmas (I think it was a mistake as the rest of the stuff on the same label was as per Spindizzy' price) Unless of course they actually read our comments here and decided to put up the price :-) Anyway it wasn't in stock yesterday when I looked.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:
Ivor wrote:
Is the quality good?
.... but Ivor, you most definitely NEED the sleeve :) Also I got my copy in Spindizzy for €23.99. ...
Well I picked mine up on holidays for something around €5 and there's plenty of reading with it! I'll put on the reading glasses and that'll do me!

cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote: .... but Ivor, you most definitely NEED the sleeve :) Also I got my copy in Spindizzy for €23.99. ...
Well I picked mine up on holidays for something around €5 and there's plenty of reading with it! I'll put on the reading glasses and that'll do me!
Yeah you're right the cd versions are ridiculously cheap even in the likes of Tower....I'd wager there's more reading in the cd version too :(
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Lovely recordings from 30s and 40s. Worth it for their versions of "Stormy Weather" and "My Walkin' Stick" alone.#

tony

Post by tony »

Not really pushing the boundaries of adventure but this is a great recording.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Not easy to pin down a genre but it will fit in here.... it's on rotation in the shop anyway!

http://youtu.be/elZpXD0GnJk

http://youtu.be/KIUngcfAIEM