Migraine

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Rocker

Migraine

Post by Rocker »

...all morning. Tried all the usual things, darkened room etc. but it is only now easing ever so slowly.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Ivor

Re: Migraine

Post by Ivor »

I used to get them. Horrible things. Deep breathing in the fresh air helps.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

I used to suffer badly with migraine too. Aspirin (Dispirin specifically) and lying down in a dark room were the only things that helped me. Have not had them for years now thankfully. Hope you get well soon Tom!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

I don't suffer with migraine but I have to agree with Fergus that Dispirin is the only thing that works - for me anyway. Hope you get well soon Tom...
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Try Panadeine next time, it can be hard to find a chemist who stocks it but worth the effort if it works for you.
i always carry some when travel.
Hope you get well soon.

Post by Rocker »

Thanks for all the messages of support guys. Very much appreciated. Glad to report that I feel much better today.

Beware of a thin chef!
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I get them when I've gone short of sleep for a few days. Amazing how debilitating they are - nurofen and paracetamol helped but sleep in a dark room was the best solution - or a combination of all.

Good to hear its getting better - out of curiosity can you determine anything that triggered it?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I think that slightly irregular meals during the week contributed or caused the migraine attack. I try to eat 'by the clock' but this regularity was interrupted, even if only slightly, which triggered the migraine.

Beware of a thin chef!
JAW

Post by JAW »

One of my sisters suffers, absolutely horrendous, headache, vomiting, the whole nine yards, triggered by strong perfume or scent. I have the greatest sympathy for anybody afflicted. 100% debilitating.