Sony 630ESD swap for...Sold

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Derek

Sony 630ESD swap for...Sold

Post by Derek »

Sony 630 ESD
From the legendary ES range, this comes with a good built in DAC, that's the D in the ESD, (or maybe it's for Digital).
I got this for my son a few years ago, he has changed to something that suits his ears better so this has been with me ever since.
It's been in and out of my setup and performs very well. Everything is operational and it has a very good MM/MC Phono-stage.

While I was cleaning it to put up here, I came across a hairline crack underneath. I tried to get a photo but it doesn't show up.
This doesn't have any bearing on the stability or working of the amp and can't be seen (unless you look for it).

I got this at a good price and since it has a small flaw I'm asking a bottle of "Powers Johns Lane" but we can chat about that...

The amp is currently in my system sounding lovely and can be heard if you fancy a trip to Naas.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Derek

Re: Sony 630ESD swap for...

Post by Derek »

On hold, pending a look see.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
paulb

Post by paulb »

Excelent taste in whisky also!
Derek

Post by Derek »

Thank you sir 🥃
Derek

Re: Sony 630ESD Now provisionally sold.

Post by Derek »

Now provisionally found a new home, pending whiskey transfer 🥃.
james

Re: Sony 630ESD swap for...Provisionally sold

Post by james »

Delighted you have sold it
Did not comment while you were selling it.

Sort of thing I would have loved when I was starting out in hifi. Assume it sounds great.

I have gone the purist road of no tone controls.

I thought of buying it but where would I put it. (I don't like switching cables every time I switch on the hifi. Actually I don't switch it on,/off because naim says to keep it on all the time)

Enjoy the whiskey
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Derek

Re: Sony 630ESD swap for...Provisionally sold

Post by Derek »

Hi James, it does sound really good. Heft and presence to the music. I’m moving it on due to space constraints, this will leave me with 3 amps all of which sound different, all are, as you put it, minimalist, on/off button, input switch and volume.