Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

Hi everybody,

my name is Max and I have just moved with my wife from Italy to Dublin because I found a new job here.
Naturally all my hifi systems, cables, accessories, records and CDs came with me and I am trying to fit them in the new apartment.
Luckily most of the equipment survived the moving, but I noticed an issue with a Pioneer TX-9800 tuner: the quartz locking system doesn't work properly anymore and I will need a technical intervention. I have searched both on this forum and on google and I found thehifihospital.com
Do you recommend it? Other options? I live in Ballsbridge and I don't have a car.

Thanks a million and looking forward to share my music and hifi passion with you.
Max (spin the black circle)
Ivor

Re: New member

Post by Ivor »

You're very welcome Max, while I can't help you with your tuner issue it shouldn't be too difficult to fix.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

Thanks a lot Ivor,
today I opened the tuner and removed a good amount of dust from inside... After that the tuner started locking the stations as before. So problem solved. Now it is playing together with its massive mate Pioneer SA-9900.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Good result then. Welcome Max, to the forum and to the country!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Welcome on board Max!!
Do or do not, there is no try
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

Thank you very much everybody. Looking forward to contributing to this friendly forum.