The Hifi Hospital disappeared

hudo

The Hifi Hospital disappeared

Post by hudo »

I left the amp for a service at Hifi hospital at the end of the last year, and want to pick it up now (returning to Ireland soon), but nobody's answering at Hifi Hospital emails and phone calls! I know that they're closed for public, but pick up/delivery should work, I hope.
Does anybody has some contact there or knows the guy, or anything :)?
Its not a cheap amp, so kinda worried already whats going on.
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Fran
Site Admin

Re: The Hifi Hospital disappeared

Post by Fran »

Hadn't heard anything about them, were they in Ashbourne or Dunshaughlin?
Do or do not, there is no try
hudo

Post by hudo »

Fran wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:32 pm Hadn't heard anything about them, were they in Ashbourne or Dunshaughlin?
http://thehifihospital.com/ , in Kells, Meath.
3 mails sent, no reply :(
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > QA Concept 500
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

It is a pity about the travel restrictions, but if you knew anybody that could drive to their premises to see if there is any activity at it or enquire locally.
hudo

Post by hudo »

Cyndale wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:20 pm It is a pity about the travel restrictions, but if you knew anybody that could drive to their premises to see if there is any activity at it or enquire locally.
There's probably nobody there, but if they don't respond in few days I'll have to organize a visit. Its just strange that nobody's answering to emails and phone calls, I was chatting with them ~2 months ago. Hope its not some serious covid thing ...

And if I don't hear from them, I'll have to borrow another power amp until I get my Pass back. I've been more than 6 months without my stereo system, and can't take much more like this:) Totally understand drug addicts now ...
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Seems to be 2 directors, one of whom is Joanne Clancy, trading since 1995, so not fly by night by any means.

Any from here live around kells and could find out a bit more?
Do or do not, there is no try
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Used them only once around 2015/16, all was OK. Never required any services after that.

Just on a side note, what the Pass is doing there?
hudo

Post by hudo »

Georgi wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:27 pm Used them only once around 2015/16, all was OK. Never required any services after that.

Just on a side note, what the Pass is doing there?
Repair of vu-meter needle on XA30.5
Also, some basic checks if everything is ok since I bought it second-hand from Poland.

@Fran, thanks for the name, I was able to find the names of 2 owners, will try to find a way to contact them directly.
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
hudo

Post by hudo »

All good, got a call from them:)
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

hudo wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:11 pm All good, got a call from them:)
If any good for you, I can go and picked up for you! No problem.