Townshend Sonic Isolation Platforms

Saxman

Townshend Sonic Isolation Platforms

Post by Saxman »

Hi
Anybody tried the above on floor standing loudspeakers if so your impressions would be welome
Cheers
Alan
tony

Re: Townshend Sonic Isolation Platforms

Post by tony »

I noticed a version of them recently being sold with a pair of Quad ESL2912's. How much are they? They look well made but any Townshend product generally seems to be overpriced. Their supertweeters for example I think now sell for close to 1k euro. I remember them being expensive when priced at £500 :)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Hi
Thanks for responding no they are not cheap I got two platforms for 1100 sterling and a turntable platform for 400.
There was a hefty discount.
Do they work. Yes they do I was sceptical but regardless took the plunge.
These are designed for your kit.
My speakers are 12inch art diamond floor standers and weigh 60kg each had fun putting them in place.
The speakers were previously on granite slabs sitting on old hifi rack platforms they were great but on a wooden floor. The odd bass was a bit boomy.
Anyway these platforms have cured that vocals are far prominent and the central image is much improved.
They do give a excellent sound there is no doubt whether folks want to spend that money is down to each individual.
As for me yes they were worth it.
You are welcome to hear them
Kind regards
Alan
tony

Post by tony »

Here is the link for the ESL's Alan, He sold the platforms for £350. They certainly look the business https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads ... st-4039995 Would have been tempted to go for them myself.

Had a peak at those Art speakers :) Very very nice. Serious kit certainly worth putting on platforms. Of course if I pop over for a listen I will need to hear them on/off the platforms to see if they work :) Seriously thanks a lot for the offer will take you up on that when this covid thing calms down (fingers crossed it disappears).

I have stand and deliver stands for the 63's but I have put them on 4 inch solid concrete blocks (Not very pretty) and I felt lifting the 63's up and on a solid platform worked. I am working on an alternative solution that looks less rough! On my timber floor I put in double joists and lots of bridging to firm up the floor. Also have 10mm sound deadening mass loaded vinyl under the underlay. All helps.

What are you using to drive the Arts?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Sounds like hard work there are two mastersound 845 mono block power amps and a mastersound ph5 preamp.
The deck is a systemdek 3d signature with a London reference cartridge.
Cables are revelation audio labs silver interconnects speaker and power cables.
Arm on the deck is an audio origami 12 inch Pu 7
And two isotek mains conditioners
Byy the way there is no way those speakers are coming off the platforms as they will be sitting on a wooden floor and will sound absolutely awful.
You are of course still welcome
Cheers
Alan
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Forgot the phono stage. Is the Avid Pulsar 2 reference
tony

Post by tony »

Lovely gear the TT stuff no doubt has lots of the lads drooling. I am atheist:) Dac only!

Yes it was hard work but we were doing up our basement so the work needed to be done anyway to help to isolate poor folks below from David Byrnes out of tune vocals.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Never listen to cds or streaming only other thing I use is a revox b77 reel to reel tape deck which I record on to from my system sounds great
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Hi Ivor
Don't know if this will work click on the file name and the photo should appear? If not back to drawing board
Alan
Attachments
Platform
Platform
IMG_20200721_145625_compress75.jpg (110.61 KiB) Viewed 573 times
Platform
Platform
IMG_20200721_145711_compress23.jpg (101.94 KiB) Viewed 573 times
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Ivor