How do you go about getting Netflix to work?

Rocker

How do you go about getting Netflix to work?

Post by Rocker »

Our TV is not 'smart' so how would I go about getting Netflix up and running. If it needs fast broadband, it can't happen as we don't have such luxury out here in the sticks. Thanks
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Cyndale

Re: How do you go about getting Netflix to work?

Post by Cyndale »

If you have a smart phone, you could buy a Chromecast (around €40) and cast Netflix (if you have it) to your TV. Regarding ''not fast broadband'' I can't help you there.

Derek

Post by Derek »

If you can access Netflix through your computer then connect to your tv. HDMI cable works very well. That’s the way I had mine running until I got my new tv.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

If you have a Google Chromecast you can also cast from your laptop or desktop computer.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

So it needs a decent internet and a device like Chromecast to work. Thanks guys.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Derek

Post by Derek »

Doesn’t need chromecast. You can connect directly from your computer. It’s the old school way but it works. Mind you chromecast gives you better flexibility.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Of course it does depend on where the computer is in relation to where the TV is. Having the Chromecast is just so much easier, I can cast from my phone or my desktop, no cables needed! Quality is excellent and Chromecast is very reliable, no issues.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

A cheap "dodgy box" (they're not actually illegal) will take your internet signal and via HDMI give you a menu for Netflix and much more. I don't claim is a simple solution but it can be. If you're lucky!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable