BBC2 Life in 12 Bars

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
tweber

BBC2 Life in 12 Bars

Post by tweber »

On BBC2 tonight (30/6) @ 9pm.
Might be interesting
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b95q4f
Ivor

Re: BBC2 Life in 12 Bars

Post by Ivor »

I'll set that to record... thanks.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Rocker

Re: BBC2 Life in 12 Bars

Post by Rocker »

I read his autobiography, thus I had a reasonable understanding of his childhood problems, his music, his addictions and his tragedies.

I recorded 'Life in 12 Bars' and simply never got round to watching it. Eventually I did and with one thing or another, I had to split the viewing into three fairly equal slots. The bad bits: all those blurry low res films of him playing and messing around - they added nothing to the documentary apart from portraying EC and his friends as a lot of a self centred jerks. The good bits: somewhere around the hour and a quarter mark, the story suddenly took on a different feel - the footage about the death of his son and his recovery from that tragedy, his Crossroads guitar sales etc.

On the whole, I thought the narrative was very poor. Eric Clapton is a major power in music - his music charmed millions of fans and his guitar playing inspired thousands of guitarists. 'Life in 12 Bars' does not do EC justice and is a poor attempt to chronicle his life. EC and those of us who enjoy his music deserve better.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!