New Record Shop Opening in Dun Laoghaire

JAW

New Record Shop Opening in Dun Laoghaire

Post by JAW »

I noticed a sign in a window for a new record shop opening soon in Dun Laoghaire. It's down towards the Peoples Park end of the Georges Street, for those who know the town. Nearly opposite where Murrays used to be. Looking in the window they seem to be stocking the shelves with vinyl at the moment, so it looks like they'll be opening in rthe next week or so.
Gussy Finknottle

Re: New Record Shop Opening in Dun Laoghaire

Post by Gussy Finknottle »

Nice to see this happening
He who dies with the most expensive HiFi wins
Alltheyoungdudes

Post by Alltheyoungdudes »

Yep, good to see. Hope they stock more than just over-priced vinyl re-issues and those cheapo Crossley all-in-one yokes. (They'd want to open on an Sunday too - give the amounts of hipsters who come out to the People's Park for the food-market.)

Good luck to them!
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Indeed - very best of luck to them!
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I will give them far too much business. Possibly going to or from the hipster market in the People's Park! In fairness the market predates hipsters by about two decades!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

JAW wrote: It's down towards the Peoples Park end of the Georges Street, for those who know the town. Nearly opposite where Murrays used to be.
I've been up and down there several times since (in a slow moving car!) and can't spot it. I don't know the old Murray's shop but where is it relation to say.. Walters pub?

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
JAW

Post by JAW »

Hmmmm. I'm up North at the moment, but will be back Thursday or Friday. I'll take a look again. It's fairly much opposite Walters, and I think it was painted red.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

JAW wrote:Hmmmm. I'm up North at the moment, but will be back Thursday or Friday. I'll take a look again. It's fairly much opposite Walters, and I think it was painted red.
Cool. I'll be around there Thursday and check it. Thanks.

JAW

Post by JAW »

I was back down there again yesterday. There doesn't seem to have been much progress since I first noticed it. It's beside the old Silver Moon Cafe.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

JAW wrote:I was back down there again yesterday. There doesn't seem to have been much progress since I first noticed it. It's beside the old Silver Moon Cafe.
Thanks, yep, saw it this morning. A simple door sign says "The Vinyl" Opening Soon.
Some stock in already.