Does anyone own Sonus Faber Elipsas?

Sligolad

Re: Does anyone own Sonus Faber Elipsas?

Post by Sligolad »

Simon if it is of any help I agree with your approach, for the money and given you have a good feel that the guy is genuine then I would say go for it.

I think after hearing Steve's speakers these Elipsa's can only sound great, all the best sounding speakers I have heard so far always have some serious cabinet making involved.
To be honest I was tempted by them myself at that money and given their pedigree and the fact they have that large 10" woofer ticks a lot of boxes for me.
So you have a possible candidate to take them off you later if you do not get on with them :-))

I went and spent similar money on the Big7 without hearing one just based on hearing Tony's Lampi as I knew the sound I was after after hearing Tony's.
Good luck with your search.
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by Diapason »

Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate the good wishes!
Adrian wrote:Best of luck Simon.... however is your avatar not of SF's?
Jesus, I never noticed the speakers in my avatar before! ;)

(I actually have no idea what they are, but I don't think they're SFs, are they?)
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Congratulations on talking yourself into going for them. I looked at them on Audio Markt and they look really good, all sounds genuine, enjoy. You can always get your model to pose again with the Sonus Faber's.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ken Moreland wrote:You can always get your model to pose again with the Sonus Faber's.
Maybe I'll pose myself this time. That would add a certain something.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Diapason wrote:
Ken Moreland wrote:You can always get your model to pose again with the Sonus Faber's.
Maybe I'll pose myself this time. That would add a certain something.
Onto ignore you go.

Seriously though, I think you're probably making the right decision. (buying the speakers I mean....)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

They look the biz Simon best of luck if you get them. It reminds me a bit of my amp search and the all the things that one worries about.
Stunning speakers look forward to them being carted over in the back of the Lexus to give them a try out against the 57's

Think carefully about your outfit if you are going to do the pose. Maybe a black out curtain with peep holes for the eyes would be ok
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Man... it has not been this exciting on here since the days of Carian upgrading the Jadis JA 30's to the Airtights ATM's...

Ahhh.... those were the days!!!!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ah yes. Good times.

Actually, there's a sporting chance the GRAAFs won't play well with the Elipsa's impedance dips, so there may be a cascade of purchases here! I'm unlikely in the extreme to get to Air Tight ATM3 levels, though.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I do remember Carian's comment at the time....."slippery slope to penury"

After which he upgraded the volume pot on the pre amplifier!!!

But when you are faced with a bargain!!!!!!!

What is one to do?????????????
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

It's nice to be among friends who consider several thousand Euros for a pair of speakers to be a bargain. But yes, what are we to do?!