Irish Baroque Orchestra

Seán

Irish Baroque Orchestra

Post by Seán »

Led by our Artistic Director and Grammy nominee Monica Huggett, the acclaimed Irish Baroque Orchestra invite you to CONCERTI BIZARRI….a night of exceptional and rare music making from the 17th Century.

Exotic music performed by sublime IBO soloists on authentic baroque instruments including the baroque flute, oboe da caccia and viola d’amore. Experience the intriguing and intricate music of Graupner, Telemann and Fasch…with a little Vivaldi for balance!

With your help this unusual programme will be recorded for a new Irish Baroque Orchestra CD.

Pledge and be a part of this special project.

All tickets and concert related experiences will take place at the Dublin concert on 27th September 2015
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/iri ... eorchestra
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Re: Irish Baroque Orchestra

Post by fergus »

Thank you for that Seán; yours truly will most probably be there!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

I would like to toddle along too, I hope I can do so.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

We might make it a forum night out. I'm baroque curious!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ivor wrote:We might make it a forum night out. I'm baroque curious!
What a fantastic idea for a Forum meet up.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Ah, the very steep, slippery slope that is Baroque Music!! Beware Ivor - can be very detrimental to the pocket!!

I do not want to hijak Seán's thread but I cannot pass up an opportunity to encourage a someone who expresses such a curiosity and I am sure that Seán would not mind.

This can be had used on Amazon UK for £1.50 + P&P or £4.00 new + P&P if you prefer.
The orchestra and conductor are good and you would be very safe with such an introduction. Link....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baroque-Music-G ... of+baroque

I see that there is a second CD there that might also be of interest....

This can be had used for the princely sum of £0.01 + P&P if one so wished!
These performances will be a more staid but should be fine and would be fine for the shop. Link...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Baroque-Va ... of+baroque
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:
Ah, the very steep, slippery slope that is Baroque Music!! Beware Ivor - can be very detrimental to the pocket!!
Indeed it is.
I do not want to hijak Seán's thread but I cannot pass up an opportunity to encourage a someone who expresses such a curiosity and I am sure that Seán would not mind.
Please be my guest.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I think i may have that first CD you mentioned already. I'll check my shelves this evening before getting out the credit card! During the week I was organising my vinyl and was taken aback at the amount of duplicates I had! The curse of senility!

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:I think i may have that first CD you mentioned already. I'll check my shelves this evening before getting out the credit card! During the week I was organising my vinyl and was taken aback at the amount of duplicates I had! The curse of senility!

I think this might calm you down Ivor.....

Indignant Senility - Consecration of the Whipstain

Or even better....

Indignant Senility - Plays Wagner Vol. 1 AND 2

That should sort your Baroque tendencies for good!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:
Ivor wrote:I think i may have that first CD you mentioned already. I'll check my shelves this evening before getting out the credit card! During the week I was organising my vinyl and was taken aback at the amount of duplicates I had! The curse of senility!

I think this might calm you down Ivor.....

Indignant Senility - Consecration of the Whipstain

Or even better....

Indignant Senility - Plays Wagner Vol. 1 AND 2

That should sort your Baroque tendencies for good!
Trust you to find something left of field Dermot! I'll check them out.