Few bits and pieces

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Audioq

Few bits and pieces

Post by Audioq »

Hi folks, time has come for me to pass on some of my older gear (and make room for yet more new stuff!). I have for sale in good condition the following with all packaging and accessories:

Audio Physic Virgo 3 speakers - eur 1000

Linn Ikemi cd player - eur 700

In addition Ivan has the following items of mine at Cloney if you want to hear them.

McCormack DNA .5 amp (120wpc ss)

Sonic Frontiers Line 1 preamp & Power 2 poweramp (110wpc valves)

I can attach more/better photos if you are interested.

Cheers!
Diapason

Re: Few bits and pieces

Post by Diapason »

Those Virgos are interesting. Any more photos of those by any chance...?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

Hi Diapason

I will take a few more photos tomorrow and post them although given the size limit they may not be great images.

Dave
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thank you. Probably best to put them on photobucket or similar and link to them there if size is an issue. Just wondering, are they the kind of speakers that need a lot of space?
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

They are not very fussy about distance to wall behind them (I used them with no more than 1 foot to rear of speaker) but they do like a little bit of space to the side/like to be set up further apart than some standmounts. Seems to get the best out of the soundstage which is one of the things this speaker was known for. I found with these speakers that they sounded best situated on the long wall in my 13x21 listening room and listening slightly more nearfield. This is in contrast to the Thiel cs6s which sound better going the other way listening at about 10 ft (first order crossovers). Horses for courses I suppose. Have taken the photos this morning so will fond somewhere to post when I get home this evening.

Cheers
Dave
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thanks for that. My biggest problem is that none of my positioning options allow for much space at the side, so I should probably pass on these. It's an excellent price for what is, by all accounts, a fantastic speaker. I like the look of the rest of the gear for sale too, best of luck with all of it!
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

No problem thanks for the interest.
Audioq

Post by Audioq »

Ok have added a few pics on Photobucket. Hopefully this works!
Last edited by Audioq on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Very nice. Hmmm...
gunner14b

Post by gunner14b »

Hi ,

Would it be possible to view/listen your speakers?

regards

John