Speakers in the ceiling?

Marcus

Speakers in the ceiling?

Post by Marcus »

Hi Everyone,
I've just moved house to a place where the living room, dining room and Kitchen are all in one open plan area. Each has it's defined areas within the room, kitchen, dining and living area forming a triangle around a central staircase (not sure if that makes sense so I made a basic layout). The area is upstairs, with attic above and the ceiling height is about 10 feet. The Whole space is around 36'X26'. I'm looking to see if you might have some advice for me on buying speakers to fit in the ceiling and where to fit them. I have plans for a music room separately, so a music solution here must be pleasing for my wife - ie, as invisible as possible - her words!

My plan is to use an integrated amplifier, I have a Marantz PM7200 which I can use with a cd player or streamer, and I can tuck them into a cupboard in the kitchen out of harms way - good start!
I thought four speakers would do the trick.

Does any one have advice on where to fit ceiling speakers and any recommendations on suitable sets which won't break the bank. Ceilings are white so white speakers would receive the biggest thumbs up.

Many thanks in advance.

Marcus
Attachments
Capture_SML.JPG
Capture_SML.JPG (63.04 KiB) Viewed 648 times
I have a switch in my apartment but it doesn't do anything. Every once in a while, I turn it on and off. One day I got a call from a woman in Austria... She said "Cut it out will you!"
Seán

Re: Speakers in the ceiling?

Post by Seán »

Hi Marcus, I have in-ceiling speakers in both the kitchen and on the landing. They are B&W speakers, I bought them from Noel Cloney. Cloney ran the speaker cable from my music room into both areas and fitted them too. I found Cloney great to deal with so they would be a good place to start.

If you are keen to hear these speakers or if you just want a chat you can send me a pm and we can make arrangements and discuss my setup.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi Seán,

Thanks for your reply and kind offer. I have B&W for my music room speakers and have always been very happy with them. I'll get in touch with Cloney for some advice, good idea - and I'd better save up some more, I may be budgeting a bit low at the moment, but I like the idea of sticking with a brand I know and love.

Thanks again, I may well be in touch for a chat when I'm finally unpacked and making decisions.

Marcus
I have a switch in my apartment but it doesn't do anything. Every once in a while, I turn it on and off. One day I got a call from a woman in Austria... She said "Cut it out will you!"
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

this might be useful? you could zone each area, the amps are designed to be installed in the ceiling cavity

https://auctionxchange.ie/listing/14653 ... -DZMIOO-x1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....