Abbado's last Lucerne Festival on Blu Ray

fergus

Abbado's last Lucerne Festival on Blu Ray

Post by fergus »

Seán, I think that you may want to own this one....

[quote]As documented here, Claudio Abbado opened the LUCERNE FESTIVAL for the last time in the summer of 2013. Only a few months later, the world bid this monumental artist, humanist, great conductor and orchestra founder, farewell. These three great works tell of life’s transience. This record, the last audio-visual documentation of his work, captures once again the extraordinary atmosphere of “vibrant emotionality” that always emerged when Abbado created music with his “orchestra of friends”. [quote]
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Re: Abbado's last Lucerne Festival on Blu Ray

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:Seán, I think that you may want to own this one....

As documented here, Claudio Abbado opened the LUCERNE FESTIVAL for the last time in the summer of 2013. Only a few months later, the world bid this monumental artist, humanist, great conductor and orchestra founder, farewell. These three great works tell of life’s transience. This record, the last audio-visual documentation of his work, captures once again the extraordinary atmosphere of “vibrant emotionality” that always emerged when Abbado created music with his “orchestra of friends”.
Thanks for the thought Fergus. I have a couple of Abbado/LFO DVDs in my shopping basket and that does definitely interest me. I will have to get it on ye olde red-ray DVD though as I have an Arcam DV79 which is a red-ray rather than a blu-ray player.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Re: Abbado's last Lucerne Festival on Blu Ray

Post by fergus »

Cheers Seán; irrespective of the format I just thought that you might like to have a memento of his final outing with the Lucerners.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra