Dacs to Lust After

tony

Dacs to Lust After

Post by tony »

Lampizator Level 5, Luxman DA06,Metrum Hex,Berkely Alpha,Emm Labs whatever.

Do we have any owners of these Dacs?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Claus

Re: Dacs to Lust After

Post by Claus »

Would like to hear the Lampizator myself... ;)
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

I had a dacmagic once.
tony

Post by tony »

Sloop John B wrote:I had a dacmagic once.
I had a pioneer PD201 at one stage as well.But that was then this is now.
Last edited by tony on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

I have the Berkeley Alpha Dac Series 2 and Berkeley Alpha USB. I'm really happy with them.
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I would like to add 2 to the list Tony.
The MSB Analogue DAC and the CAD 1543 DAC.
On your list The Lamp was always one I wanted to hear.

Might do a Ryanair daytrip to Midland Audio Exchange to hear it up against the EMM Labs DAC2X later this year.

Post by tony »

HIFIFAN,Re Berkeley unfortunately i think trying to organise a listen while would be desirable is not cost effective. Maybe the forum might organise a collection to send a couple of tester to your place?

Pearse that sounds interesting. How do you get to Midland Audio Exchange? Taxi or bus? I think it is about 30 miles away,Taxi could be more expensive than the ryanair flight! I am heading to Birmingham (twice) in august once to go to an unmentionable show in the NEC and the 2nd time to see David Byrne and St Vincent in the concert hall.Didn't mention it on the forum in case I missed out due to the rush on tickets.

The unmnetionable show would be the time I might like to slip away and listen to a dac or two.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

There is a good train network from the airport that gets you close Tony and a short taxi ride at the end, will have to look it up again as I forget the actual jumping off points.

Could not resist looking unmentionable show and I am wondering which would fit with you!!

The Festival of Quilts.
Moda Lingerie & Swimwear.
Open Mic UK Auditions.

Difficult one This.....anyone any ideas?
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

If you're giving me a choice I know which I would pick!
Do or do not, there is no try
Derek

Post by Derek »

Looks like a Forum Field Trip, so what excuse can we use this time?
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.