Chrome problem - is it broken?

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Fran
Site Admin

Chrome problem - is it broken?

Post by Fran »

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone else is having the same issues as me!!

Over the last few days, I've been having lots of hassles with Chrome - which is really a pity as its been rock solid, my dependable browser forever. I get continual messages:

Error 21 (net::ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED): A network change was detected

Sometimes the page will load, and other times not. Just a major pain in the ass.....

Don't see the same issues here with firefox, or heavens forfend, IE.

Anyone seeing this? The web doesn't seem to have an answer?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Re: Chrome problem - is it broken?

Post by Ivor »

no issues here, other than the standard (once or twice a day) "sorry we can't find the page" type message. Would a Network Change error not indicate something more local?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

I've never seen this message - it doesn't sound like a cookie problem (clear cookies to solve) - could it be to do with some service you have turned off? Is this the Jplay PCs you are using?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Think I have it figured out.

First of all, this was happening with one router and not another.

However, the router is not the culprit - it was resulting from 2 things I think. First, I uninstalled the wifi driver in the laptop (broadcom back to windows generic one). That meant the end of the message. However, I also noticed that I had long load times and that I think is the result of something going on with my homeplug setup. So I think what was happening is that the homeplug was loosing the link, and the more advanced broadcom driver was picking up the interrupt and then chrome reacting badly to it.

Sounds crazy doesn't it!!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Claus

Post by Claus »

You gotta love PCs... :D