A new view... of not so new stuff...

Claus

A new view... of not so new stuff...

Post by Claus »

After months of running in the speakers the system finally started to sound great. Then I had one of those terrifying experiences where the whole system started to sound crap. I knew it was probably just a phase but needed to move the system anyways. I was hoping tidying up cables etc. might fix it but it WAS - of course - just phase... Anyway - this makes it much easier to change cables and lets the light in from the window previously a bit obscured by a high-back couch... Oh and don't worry, it is back sounding great again.... Just a .....

New view from the listening chair:

To lower the rack in order to fit it in front of the window I split the rack in two by sawing the 3 threaded rods in half. My dad made the shelves which are just 22 mm MDF with clear spayed lacquer.

The BAT:

The lot:

The Dynavector P75MkII is not hooked up as of yet but will be up running again soon...
Cheers,
Claus

PS: The long term trauma of looking at the IKEA fabric curtains is highly treatable... ;)
Diapason

Re: A new view... of not so new stuff...

Post by Diapason »

Looking good, Claus, although this made me shudder:
Claus wrote:Then I had one of those terrifying experiences where the whole system started to sound crap.
It might be time for a curtain upgrade next...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Very nice Claus, clean lines and logical setup. I like that.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

That BAT player is a thing o' beauty Claus. Speakers are lovely too!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Claus

Post by Claus »

Diapason wrote:Looking good, Claus, although this made me shudder:
Claus wrote:Then I had one of those terrifying experiences where the whole system started to sound crap.
Yeah I thought I was going insane there for a few days... I nearly asked if I could borrow an amp to see if my amp had gone funny again. But fortunately it is ok again. I tried inserting my old home made cat5 based TNT Triple T and I could not hear a difference. Will try and go back to the chinese silver cables again and see if I can hear an effect...
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Great show Claus, glad to hear things are coming together for you. Arn't dads great things to have around!!!!

What speakers are those again, excuse my ignorance!

Any plans for the RP3? Nothing of interest of yet!!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Claus wrote:
Diapason wrote:Looking good, Claus, although this made me shudder:
Yeah I thought I was going insane there for a few days... I nearly asked if I could borrow an amp to see if my amp had gone funny again. But fortunately it is ok again. I tried inserting my old home made cat5 based TNT Triple T and I could not hear a difference. Will try and go back to the chinese silver cables again and see if I can hear an effect...
I'd humbly suggest you leave it alone. If that system (incl cables) sounded good before then it will again. Give it another few days before you make changes.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Modest

Post by Modest »

Fran wrote:That BAT player is a thing o' beauty Claus. Fran
Yes indeed killer cdp with 4 x PCM63P-K chip set inside and few valves :p
Very nice setup Claus
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
cybot

Post by cybot »

Lovely system Claus. The very best of luck with it :)
Claus

Post by Claus »

Adrian wrote:Great show Claus, glad to hear things are coming together for you. Arn't dads great things to have around!!!!

What speakers are those again, excuse my ignorance!

Any plans for the RP3? Nothing of interest of yet!!
No the old Planar 3 still there... Still looking for something to replace it... :D
The speakers are Focal 1028Be.

The NUC is delayed from minipc.de so it looks like the end of the month before PC playback enters the realm...
Thanks guys!