Enjoying your speakers

itspaul

Enjoying your speakers

Post by itspaul »

Have a look at this guy, a true audiophile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6GMVi35ti4
tony

Re: Enjoying your speakers

Post by tony »

I hope I dont look like that when dancing to my favourite song from sesame street
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

Is that you paul????Still got all the moves..
cybot

Post by cybot »

tony wrote:I hope I dont look like that when dancing to my favourite song from sesame street
You will when your better half discovers the radiators lol :)))))) And you'll be doing it out on the street too :)
tony

Post by tony »

cybot wrote:
tony wrote:I hope I dont look like that when dancing to my favourite song from sesame street
You will when your better half discovers the radiators lol :)))))) And you'll be doing it out on the street too :)
Surprisingly Dermot things are strangely quiet here. The rads are out of the box and working. Not sure if it is just shock or is there a scheme afoot to have them removed asap. I am watching my back and wearing my motorcycle crash helmet as a sensible precaution unfortunately this means I cant hear a thing.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tony wrote:
cybot wrote:
Surprisingly Dermot things are strangely quiet here. The rads are out of the box and working. Not sure if it is just shock or is there a scheme afoot to have them removed asap. I am watching my back and wearing my motorcycle crash helmet as a sensible precaution unfortunately this means I cant hear a thing.
LOL :))))) Seriously what do they sound like with the Jadis?
tony

Post by tony »

LOL :))))) Seriously what do they sound like with the Jadis?[/quote]

I dont want to say too much yet in case I am made bring them back to Kettering. Suffice to say I am delighted. They have the OTA treble panels which are brighter and more detailed than the original quad panels. The room is not ideal yet as I am still a bit close to them but to my novice ears I think I have something good. Being honest the spendors were very nice with the jadis also. I will need to switch back to reassess at some point.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tony wrote:LOL :))))) Seriously what do they sound like with the Jadis?
I dont want to say too much yet in case I am made bring them back to Kettering. Suffice to say I am delighted. They have the OTA treble panels which are brighter and more detailed than the original quad panels. The room is not ideal yet as I am still a bit close to them but to my novice ears I think I have something good. Being honest the spendors were very nice with the jadis also. I will need to switch back to reassess at some point.[/quote]

The joys of demoing ;) At least in your case you get to keep both pairs! And the lovely wife too lol
sdiesel77

Post by sdiesel77 »

Ahahah Great guy!
Tubes & Vinyls are making life brighter..
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: The room is not ideal yet as I am still a bit close to them but to my novice ears I think I have something good. Being honest the spendors were very nice with the jadis also. I will need to switch back to reassess at some point.
The speakers will take some time to "settle in" - the amp too I imagine. I know it's the black arts and grown men should know better but valve amps and electrostatic speakers are almost organic in the way they become unsettled when moved about.

You might consider firing them down the other direction in the room? Speakers at the window or opposite wall? That would give you more space.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable