F.S. ViaBlue NF-75 Digital Cable - Silver Bullets - SOLD

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Andy S

F.S. ViaBlue NF-75 Digital Cable - Silver Bullets - SOLD

Post by Andy S »

I have recently been experimenting with a number of different 75 Ohm digital cables to replace
the digital coaxial cable I can no longer source from my supplier.

The cable I have chosen to use for my Digital Interconnect going forward is manufactured by German Audio Company ViaBlue
and it is excellent.

Here are the details:

Without any compromises. Maximum speed. Error-free.

ViaBlue™ NF-75 RCA S/PDIF interconnects are coaxial high-end digital cables with ideal electrical values. They enable error-free and correct transmission of digital signals. With a base line requirement of a 75-Ohm surge impedance, a polyethylene foam dielectric and a silver-plated shield are further applied as technical refinements. This leads to extremely low resistance values and thus to maximum transmission speeds of digital electric signals. The ViaBlue™ silver shield, NF-75 interconnects have a 100% surface casing shield from electrical interference fields. The screen is composed of an aluminum foil sheath and a silver-plated braided sheath.

For experimental purposes I terminated this cable with Eichmann Silver Bullet Plugs and it sounds wonderful.

To buy 1.0m of this cable on Ebay.co.uk unterminated would cost you £18.90 (€23.00) inc. postage. The cheapest Eichmann Silver Bullets on Ebay.co.uk sell for £42.50 (€52.00) for a set of two so a DIY project would cost someone approx. €75.00 to make up themselves.

This cable will sell for £70.00 for a metre length so at today's exchange rate €85.00.

As this is a prototype cable and I used silver bullet plugs from another cable in it's construction, I will sell this to a forum member for €50.00 if anyone is insterested?
Last edited by Andy S on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
JFK

Re: F.S. ViaBlue NF-75 Digital Cable - Eichmann Silver Bulle

Post by JFK »

Hi Andy , i would interested , I need to replace an old Audioquest cable from Sky HD to Denon amp , would this be overkill ?
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

John

I am happy for you to try the cable between your Sky HD and Denon Amp without obligation if you like, you can then decide
whether it is worth the upgrade.

Regards.

Andy
JFK

Post by JFK »

Thanks Andy

I can pay by PPG if thats ok and would you mind posting ? let me know the cost and i can add that to the 50 , If im not happy then you could just re pay me to my Pay Pal

Would that work ? Let me know and i will send on address
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

John

P.M. Sent.