The Decca Sound

Diapason

The Decca Sound

Post by Diapason »

Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Re: The Decca Sound

Post by Seán »

Yes, I was, and I heard extracts from the set on CD Review too, it sounds gorgeous. However, there are far too many CDs in my various Amazon and jpc baskets that I thought it best not to buy the set and to continue on my current course for now. I have decided to moderate my CD purchases in 2012 and beyond, that said, I would like to get it.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Jared

Post by Jared »

Seán wrote: I have decided to moderate my CD purchases in 2012 and beyond
I've literally just choked on my Bran Flakes... you really have a dry sense of humour, Sean...
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

There is so much good stuff on that set that I am bound to have a fair bit of it already in my collection. The same applies to a DG anniversary set from a couple of years ago too.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:
Seán wrote: I have decided to moderate my CD purchases in 2012 and beyond
I've literally just choked on my Bran Flakes... you really have a dry sense of humour, Sean...
Well there are a few genuine reasons for the above: I am running out of storage space; I do have a good collection that I want to enjoy and finally I want to slowly explore the word of Baroque and in particular of JS Bach; so I'll go slowly, if I can, it is difficult, I'll grant you that. I'm not quite a reformed CD-collector-holic yet.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

bombasticDarren wrote:There is so much good stuff on that set that I am bound to have a fair bit of it already in my collection. The same applies to a DG anniversary set from a couple of years ago too.
Darren, it is lovely to have you drop in and say hello.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I'd be interested, and I wouldn't expect too much duplication in my case. If it was 50 quid I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but 76 pounds for 50 CDs is a bit pricey... ;)

And Sean, I don't believe you!
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Seán

Post by Seán »

Diapason wrote:I'd be interested, and I wouldn't expect too much duplication in my case. If it was 50 quid I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but 76 pounds for 50 CDs is a bit pricey... ;)

And Sean, I don't believe you!
Ah geez lads, c'mon, y'all sound like my wife.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Fair enough so, how much is the complete Bach set?
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

Seán wrote:
bombasticDarren wrote:There is so much good stuff on that set that I am bound to have a fair bit of it already in my collection. The same applies to a DG anniversary set from a couple of years ago too.
Darren, it is lovely to have you drop in and say hello.
Thanks Sean!

I have a glance every fortnight or so at what is going on here. I thought I'd take the plunge and return to posting back here too, and see how it goes