26%
66+
No votes

Total votes: 34

Ivor

Re: HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote:
Yes going down to Ivor's to borrow some super cables he was trying to shift sent me over the edge. I reckon Anne would like to relive that day and prevent me hearing his wardrobe door speakers and strange light bulbs on top of an amp set up.
My work here is done.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Terry

Post by Terry »

Ken Moreland wrote:How many share their gear with family?
http://www.theaudiophileapartment.com/cat/apartments/

My sons can and do use my gear.
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.
HiFiFan

Re: HOW OLD ARE YOU? revised!!! please redo poll

Post by HiFiFan »

My wife lets me use her gear if I ask nicely
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
panda2rom

Re: HOW OLD ARE YOU? revised!!! please redo poll

Post by panda2rom »

My wife has her gear too :)

Inside there are vintage elliptic EMI speakers.
Attachments
IMG_1394.jpg
IMG_1394.jpg (101.7 KiB) Viewed 284 times
james

Post by james »

tony wrote:
james wrote: Great idea -- by the way a few years ago I got the TH albums on DVD-Audio [when DVD-Audio was dead and they were selling remasterred CD's with a bonus DVD-Audio disc really cheap] and I was able to extract the 24/96 audio from the DVD's

Fot the odd DB album I suggest 'My life in the bush of ghosts'

James

I was aware James and I may have them on the remastered cd's I bought but managed to acquire the 24/96 recordings and Remain In Light especially is a revelation,not sure on the others haven't compared enough. Edit went back and listened to Remain In Light it is excellent but would suggest you try the HD Tracks 24/96 version. Completely different mix that took me a while to warm to but a must have.

Try Grown Backwards I think it is very good and very good for the testing/comparing.
Nigel will be getting use to this one over the next while!
Thanks for that. I will compare the CD and DVD-Audio versions and then maybe think about HD-tracks. It's ages since I last listened to either version ..
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]