Devialet 170

Diapason

Re: Devialet 170

Post by Diapason »

Ah, the wam would give you a pain on your balls. Think I may need to stop reading it for a while.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

Diapason wrote:Ah, the wam would give you a pain on your balls. Think I may need to stop reading it for a while.
Yes very good advice just add PFM to that sentence. Lot of angst,misery and general unhappiness permeates those forums.
I don't understand classical so going by the pfm wigwam logic I should do me best to annoy,irritate and put down any enthusiasm for that genre.
They really should rename them GOM1 and GOM2 and be done with it.

Having said that you will also come across the most helpful, knowledgeable and decent people there. They just get crowded out or drowned by the mister angry mob.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

All true, Tony.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Steve

Post by Steve »

Just to resort to good old fashioned stereotyping, I wonder does the fact that the Devialet harks from French parts have anything to do with the negative Wam commentary... Maybe I'm being too critical of the audience!

It does seem quite common I guess though that bigger markets tend to favour domestically produced kit to a certain extent. Not just UK, but if you look at the States, Japan, Germany, the theme would seem to be evident there.

I have to say the fact that Devialet develop and provide to existing owners at no extra charge new SW that actually makes improvements such as greater power output, etc really is first class customer service! Very comforting to know that you're being looked after well after you've made the investment in their product.
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

The only criticism I'd have of the Dev is the streaming which seems to have a lot of issues and is restricted in its usage. I dont use the streaming anyway.
A lot of talk on the wam about the unit always needing constant software updates. I've only updated mine once since I purchased it so I dont know where thats coming from.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

Know this is Devialet thread but another example of self destruction and self importance on ze wam.
See Jwood thread which quickly descends into let's destroy a business asap.
http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.ph ... -out-there

Now the questions about CE etc are relevant but how did the thread end up about that.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

tony wrote:Know this is Devialet thread but another example of self destruction and self importance on ze wam.

Now the questions about CE etc are relevant but how did the thread end up about that.
It's typical of the Wam unfortunately. Some great folk there mind and always an interesting read but far too often you get thread crappers appearing out of the woodwork constantly. The CE question is valid for sure but the way that thread has evolved is just typical.

Anyway, this is the Devialet thread. ;-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

DaveF wrote:
tony wrote:Know this is Devialet thread but another example of self destruction and self importance on ze wam.

It's typical of the Wam unfortunately. Some great folk there mind and always an interesting read but far too often you get thread crappers appearing out of the woodwork constantly. The CE question is valid for sure but the way that thread has evolved is just typical.

Anyway, this is the Devialet thread. ;-)
Yeah and does it have a ce mark? I tried contacting Devialet the other day at 3' O Clock in the morning and I got no reply!!
Friendlyfire

Post by Friendlyfire »

Just for the record while strolling around Paris last month I came across the Devialet store. The guys in the store were more than happy to indulge myself and my partner for an hour with coffee and music chat in perfect english etc. Got to hear my phone even via bluetooth through their system via the 110and this tourist was beaming a smile after the visit for the rest of the week. Tres impressed and very hooked.Dear santa please put the Devialet in the boot of the Citreon C6 next December Merci beaucoup.
Worth a visit.
Eoin.
Darek

Post by Darek »

I got a 30 watts more in to my 170 week ago but I Can't wait any more for all rest give it to me now !!!

Unfortunately full software version including SAM configuration will be available 15/05 :( have to wait two more weeks :( buuuuu

Bit more about SAM (Speaker Active Matching)

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/04/de ... ctive.html

http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php?topic=33416.0