Tower Records/Cloney's

Ivor

Re: Tower Records/Cloney's

Post by Ivor »

terrybites wrote:Spent a marvellous hour in 'The Listening Suite' (original and best) on Wicklow Street this afternoon. They have a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1's on demo. Then up to the floor above for the Avantgardes. Never heard Grace Jones and "I've done it again" sound so damned good! Then over to Tower to check out their listening booth (for that's what it is unfortunately). Cats will not swing here. Loads of lovely vinyl though.

I was in there this morning, fantastic setup. I listened to Oscar Peterson Trio " You look good to me" through the Avantgardes. Want. . It's a good job I don't work in town anymore or I'd be there everyday with my lunch.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
james

Post by james »

http://cloneyaudio.com/cloney-audio-now ... r-records/

"...
Cloney Audio has opened a second outlet!

You can now visit us in our customised listening suite in Tower Records on Dublin’s Dawson Street.

That’s right, we now has a City Centre pad showcasing a selection of our most popular products.

Don’t worry – we will still be giving our top service and care in Blackrock but now you can pop in to see us in town too!
..."
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Spent a good hour in Tower this morning browsing around. A bit dark though, especially in the upstairs section. Plenty of people around picking up some records which is aways great to see.

Had a chat with one of the lads in the Cloney Room. Its tiny alright but the right sort of equipment on show to get people into hifi. They mentioned that during the week some customer almost had paid for a new turntable there until one of lads asked him what amps/speakers he had just out of interest. The customer then had a Homer Simspon look as he thought that the turntable would make sound on its own and didnt need anything else.
It probably makes sound alright if you put your ear close enough to it, lol.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Spent a good hour in Tower this morning browsing around. A bit dark though, especially in the upstairs section. Plenty of people around picking up some records which is aways great to see.

Had a chat with one of the lads in the Cloney Room. Its tiny alright but the right sort of equipment on show to get people into hifi. They mentioned that during the week some customer almost had paid for a new turntable there until one of lads asked him what amps/speakers he had just out of interest. The customer then had a Homer Simspon look as he thought that the turntable would make sound on its own and didnt need anything else.
It probably makes sound alright if you put your ear close enough to it, lol.
Hilarious :)