Tower Records/Cloney's

tony

Re: Tower Records/Cloney's

Post by tony »

Where exactly are Jonathan and David? I thought wicklow street but haven't spotted their sign yet. They haven't had a meet since they moved.
Must be a night planned soon so I can have a listen to those avantgarde's again.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

They're there, a couple of doors down from the old Tower. The shop is on first and second floors though, so only a doorway at street level. I popped in when I was meant to be Christmas shopping and they were in great form.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote:Where exactly are Jonathan and David? I thought wicklow street but haven't spotted their sign yet. They haven't had a meet since they moved.
Must be a night planned soon so I can have a listen to those avantgarde's again.
About 2 doors left of Tower, it's over a shoe shop. I'll be there Wednesday morning as the young fella needs head phones and the new Sennheiser Momentum look good.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Thanks lads must drop in for a look some day.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
terrybites

Post by terrybites »

Spent a marvellous hour in 'The Listening Suite' (original and best) on Wicklow Street this afternoon. They have a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1's on demo. Then up to the floor above for the Avantgardes. Never heard Grace Jones and "I've done it again" sound so damned good! Then over to Tower to check out their listening booth (for that's what it is unfortunately). Cats will not swing here. Loads of lovely vinyl though.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Just visited Cloney's Cosy Closet (© Diapason, 2014, All Rights Reserved) and I can indeed confirm that cat-swinging will have to take place elsewhere. Still, they're getting pretty good sound in such a tiny space, so hopefully people will get a flavour of what's possible. I like the new Tower itself, I have to say, very dark and atmospheric altogether.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Derek

Post by Derek »

Si any idea what equipment Cloney are using?
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I was listening to System Audio speakers (not sure which, but floorstanders), a Rotel amp I didn't recognise, and a combo of a NAD TT and some form of streaming through an Arcam AirDAC. Also spotted some B&W stand-mounters and the obligatory Zeppelins, some Sonos stuff, and Sennheiser headphones.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Looks like good reliable equipment with a solid track record. The right approach.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Exactly.