Does anyone own Sonus Faber Elipsas?

Diapason

Re: Does anyone own Sonus Faber Elipsas?

Post by Diapason »

So, I've a pair of Kharmas for sale...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Diapason wrote:So, I've a pair of Kharmas for sale...
simple as that eh?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Diapason wrote:So, I've a pair of Kharmas for sale...
That good already!. Is that out of the boxes and playing or are you still just looking at the packaging?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Claus

Post by Claus »

Wow that quick?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

More tomorrow, but I wasn't really expecting to plonk them down and turn them on and be able to make a decision. In fact, I had myself primed for disappointment, safe in the knowledge that they'd take a while to dial in etc. But I need not have worried. I still really do need to dial them in when I get used to their vagaries, but I knew within seconds that I was keeping them. My fears of overloading the room were completely ill-founded, etc. They sound really good already, and if there's better to come I can only get happier from here.

So yeah, simple as that.

Oh, and they look fantastic. The finish is amazing!!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Steve

Post by Steve »

Certainly a really successful first experience alright! Absolutely mint condition, no difference in unpacking a pair straight from the factory. That beautiful Sonus Faber build quality there in spades..

After some relatively small changes in room placement, they really started to sing beautifully. Natural open sound that makes you forget about having the cd remote in your hand. Will leave the full details to Si. But a really first class buy! (Always knew you were on to a winner there!)
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Well that's an excellent start to the new relationship!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Delighted it all came together in the end!!! And from the sound of things....we are off to a flying start too!!
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Guess I will not be spending any more money on HiFi this year then......

Never doubted for a minute they would work out Simon, trouble now is that I will most likely want a set next year after I hear them!!
Quite happy to join the back of the queue.

Cheers, Pearse.

Post by DaveF »

The only solution for your new power requirements....

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP