Musical Evening 19th & 20th Jan 2011

Ivor

Re: Musical Evening 19th & 20th Jan 2011

Post by Ivor »

That's done btw, so two at least.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
kronosav

Post by kronosav »

Wed Night now full............

Limited places available on Thurs night

John Carrick will also be available in store on Thursday afternoon for anyone who can sneak out of work......
kronosav

Post by kronosav »

Big Thanks to Ivor who attended last night, We appreciate the distance you had to travel but hopefully you enjoyed yourself. We would also like to apologies on behalf of the council for the lack of sign posts in the town centre :(

Also sorry that some of us were hiding, Websites, Facebook, Twitter, Forums it all has to be done sometime........

Images can be seen @

http://kronosav.com/musical-nights/jan- ... as-cables/
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Well I have to say it was like ‘home from home’. Sure the names and faces were different but the friendliness and sociability of Kronos and their customers is typical of the hifi fraternity. Within minutes of arriving the opening bars of an unfamiliar version of “Dust my Broom” burst out of the system and if I wasn’t at home beforehand I was then. It was a CD by Lucky Peterson by the way who I’ll have to learn more about.

The Atlas cables? Well they’re bloody good alright. I’m not sure what the original interconnects and speakers cables were but they were ‘serious’ enough. The Atlas cables moved everything forward, gave more bass while also tightening it up and opened the curtains on the whole soundstage. Not cheap wire by any standards but you have to make your own call as to how much you want to spend on your own system. I can honestly tell you I’ve heard more expensive cables that weren’t as good.

The dark foggy unfamiliar roads of South Armagh were not the joy I thought they’d be and a phone dying meant I had to cruise Dungannon to find the shop but no matter… once I arrived and increased my caffeine reserves that was all forgotten. The drive home may have been quieter but there was more fog and more dark. There was less petrol too but thanks to the new roadside services I didn’t run out on the motorway. ½ gallon in my tank (about 4 yards in my car) was all I had when I pulled next to the pump. I suspect I was driving on the fumes of petrol long gone.

Anyway the highlight of the night was “the lads”, the guys I was talking to afterwards and David who didn’t mind me drooling on the turntables and phonostages. I’ll be back for another look in the daylight and with backing from the IMF (i.e. herself).
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable