Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
jadarin

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by jadarin »

cybot

Post by cybot »

Original cover on Egg - 1978
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:ImageGold Panda :Lucky shiner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su1wK7iCQfQ
Love the image on the video! Unfortunately the music doesn't quite do it for me, on the phones anyway. I'll have another listen later.....all the weird stuff that's an intrinsic part of my listening now keeps getting in the way. Sorry :-(
cybot

Post by cybot »

People are raving about this long lost classic.Haven't got it myself but I spotted it in Tower recently and on vinyl too....We'll see :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OCGgODz ... ata_player

Ruth's 'Polaroid/Roman/Photo' is one of the most extraordinary archival discoveries to resurface thanks to a groundswell of vintage '80s coldwave/darkwave/synth-pop. Angular Records included it as part of their awesome 'Cold Waves & Minimal Electronics' compilation earlier in the year, and now give the full original album a well warranted reissue 25 years after the drop. The fact that the original only sold 50 copies back in 1985 means it exchanges hands for over £300 these days, which should tell you something about its cult status in the annals of underground synth pop. Parisian graphic artist and photographer, Thierry Müller, drew upon his inspirations from Eno to Neu, Kraftwerk and the Velvets to create seven tracks of darkly sexy French synth music, from the noirish, wiry collage of 'Thriller' to that unmistakable 'Polaroid/Roman/Photo', via a cover of Can's 'She Brings The Rain' and the Afrobeat-disco-spiked 'Mabelle' or the brilliantly odd 'Tu M'ennuies'. Like the most outstanding artifacts of this era, Ruth uses the same instruments as everyone else, yet manages to create something so distinctly characteristic and with such a string personality that it would always eventually get the attention it deserves. Essential Purchase.
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

ImageAlva Noto:Mimikry
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:Image

ImageAlva Noto:Mimikry
Another Mimikry fan :-) The BOC Peel Session is something else too...I must give it a listen later. Don't recognise the first one....
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

]ImageAlva Noto:Mimikry[/quote]

Another Mimikry fan :-) The BOC Peel Session is something else too...I must give it a listen later. Don't recognise the first one....[/quote]

Cybot,
Simply stunning album!!..I don't think i've ever heard an album as intense as this.