Gigs & Concerts in Ireland

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Brutus1968

Gigs & Concerts in Ireland

Post by Brutus1968 »

I have personally a few troubles trying to keep myself updated on interesting gigs & concerts in Dublin and Ireland in general. While main acts are generally well promoted, minor ones can often fly below my radar range; and when I discover they are touring it can be too late.
So I would like to create this topic for everybody to share info about upcoming live events of any kind of music, anywhere in Ireland.
I will make the first move:

Ty Segall: he will perform tomorrow 25th of June at The Button Factory (I will miss it).
The The (alias Matt Johnson): after several years of hiatus they came back with a series of concerts and they are touring again this year (with new material too). They will be in Dublin, Collins Barracks, 25th of August.
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds: they will be in Dublin, 3Arena, 12th & 13th of November

Best
Max (spin the black circle)
HiFiFan

Re: Gigs & Concerts in Ireland

Post by HiFiFan »

Good idea.

I have Elbow on July 1st - Dublin
Bonnie Prince Bille - Roisin Dubh August 25th
Vampire Weekend - 3Arena Dublin Nov 29
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
tweber

Post by tweber »

HiFiFan wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:33 pm Good idea.

I have Elbow on July 1st - Dublin
Bonnie Prince Bille - Roisin Dubh August 25th
Vampire Weekend - 3Arena Dublin Nov 29
Great idea lads...my days of heading to big gigs in Dublin are well behind me! Thanks for reminding me about Bonnie Prince Billy. He's in Cork on August 23rd Everyman too.
Also looking forward to Mercury Rev on Oct 30th..playing Limerick, Galway and Dublin the same week too
https://www.mercuryrev.com/tour
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

.. and I forgot to mention a concert which is only for real hard fans of the 80s:
Culture Club at 3Arena on 3rd of December, with special guests Tony Hadley and Heaven 17!
Not really my cup of tea (though I consider Heaven 17 not bad), but my wife is offering the tickets (and it's the price to pay for dragging her to the weirdest possible gigs...)

Best
cybot

Post by cybot »

Brutus1968 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:07 pm .. and I forgot to mention a concert which is only for real hard fans of the 80s:
Culture Club at 3Arena on 3rd of December, with special guests Tony Hadley and Heaven 17!
Not really my cup of tea (though I consider Heaven 17 not bad), but my wife is offering the tickets (and it's the price to pay for dragging her to the weirdest possible gigs...)

Best
I’m guilty of doing the same to my own little wife! One time I brought her to see Keiji Heino at the Project. What was I thinking??????????????????
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

The Philip Glass Ensemble will play for 2 nights (10th and 11th of October) at the National Concert Hall in Dublin.

Arooj Aftab will play at the same venue on the 13th of October.

Best