What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:01 pm
tweber wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:22 pm
Cyndale wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:51 pm
Came to Neil around Freedom time. He's one of the few artists whose live lps I buy. Also love the Tuscaloosa lp and funnily enough Weld.
Live at Massey Hall is lovely but the "quiet" Neil
Year of the Horse is a belter, alright. Thirteen minutes of Danger Bird does it for me! However, for crap sound this one takes the biscuit
Listened to DB last night. Monumental. As for Road Rock I only have it on cassette. Never really listened to it properly.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Now here’s one very close to my heart. A sumptuous 50th Anniversary 4 Lp box set featuring just the two albums they made in their short lifespan plus remixes, outtakes and rather ropey BBC performances. For me the discovery of a lifetime. The very best acid folk ever. Fronted by a trained opera singer and the best twin guitarists this side of Eden. Fairport take a running jump!

Sadly only months before I had even time to get to know the various members Celia departed this earth. Then I discovered that their drummer had died too long before….

Anyway have a listen to this and weep. I also love the way Barry holds back on She Moved Through the Fair and do listen to that amazing solo on Lady Margaret. God bless them….

fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:01 pm Now here’s one very close to my heart. A sumptuous 50th Anniversary 4 Lp box set featuring just the two albums they made in their short lifespan plus remixes, outtakes and rather ropey BBC performances. For me the discovery of a lifetime. The very best acid folk ever. Fronted by a trained opera singer and the best twin guitarists this side of Eden. Fairport take a running jump!

Sadly only months before I had even time to get to know the various members Celia departed this earth. Then I discovered that their drummer had died too long before….

Anyway have a listen to this and weep. I also love the way Barry holds back on She Moved Through the Fair and do listen to that amazing solo on Lady Margaret. God bless them….

Thank you for those two YT clips Dertmot.
I have never heard of the band but I really enjoyed their music making!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
tweber

Post by tweber »

Cyndale wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:51 pm
Came to Neil around Freedom time. He's one of the few artists whose live lps I buy. Also love the Tuscaloosa lp and funnily enough Weld.
Year of the Horse is a belter, alright. Thirteen minutes of Danger Bird does it for me! However, for crap sound this one takes the biscuit
The Rainbow release from last year was fairly poor tbh-sounds in parts like a bee in a jam jar!

BTW Dermot, despite saying I wouldn't, I'm now putting F***in' Up on my RSD wishlist...
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:54 pm
cybot wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:01 pm Now here’s one very close to my heart. A sumptuous 50th Anniversary 4 Lp box set featuring just the two albums they made in their short lifespan plus remixes, outtakes and rather ropey BBC performances. For me the discovery of a lifetime. The very best acid folk ever. Fronted by a trained opera singer and the best twin guitarists this side of Eden. Fairport take a running jump!

Thank you for those two YT clips Dertmot.
I have never heard of the band but I really enjoyed their music making!
Music to my ears Shane. Those clips are just the tip of the iceberg. Enjoy your journey.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:35 pm

The Rainbow release from last year was fairly poor tbh-sounds in parts like a bee in a jam jar!

BTW Dermot, despite saying I wouldn't, I'm now putting F***in' Up on my RSD wishlist...
Report back on that one Shane. I believe it was a 2023 get together. I think…..
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

My most recent purchases.

Best
Attachments
smile.jpg
smile.jpg (42.01 KiB) Viewed 249 times
KS.jpg
KS.jpg (19 KiB) Viewed 249 times
Max (spin the black circle)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Brutus1968 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:17 pm My most recent purchases.

Best
Nice to see another KS fan ;)
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Just came across by accident in Spindizzy Records. Love Mike Bloomfield. As does Cybot (I do believe).

cybot

Post by cybot »

Cyndale wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:48 pm Just came across by accident in Spindizzy Records. Love Mike Bloomfield. As does Cybot (I do believe).

Lucky b….I mean sod 😢