What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by cybot »

This vinyl beauty arrived this morning 🇫🇷. 30 years late. After they broke up back when I somehow found myself in Dr. Robert’s Record Emporium. Whilst browsing the racks I found this record. Thought it was just another ‘best of’ with a smattering of stuff I already had. I passed. What a bummer! It’s a beauty!

Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Cybot, the postman must be sick of calling to your house, practically every day!

cybot

Post by cybot »

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
fergus

Post by fergus »

The Band: Rock of Ages

This is a live performance from 1972.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

Stunning sleeve.
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus

Post by fergus »

Dire Straits: Brothers In Arms

In the last few days I have disassembled my HiFi rig and moved it into another room. Getting the sound back to what one is happy with after such a move can be challenging to say the least. This album is one of my test albums when checking for sound quality. I like to hear the bite in the guitar particularly in the opening two tracks on this album.

Anyway, this one is dedicated to our old friend Ivor who, I know, is a big fan of this band!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

fergus wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:18 pm

Anyway, this one is dedicated to our old friend Ivor who, I know, is a big fan of this band!!!
I do love the old blues songs from the Sheffield delta.. I don't actually have a copy of this fine digital recording but if I did I'd be a better dart player 😉
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

fergus wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:18 pm Dire Straits: Brothers In Arms

In the last few days I have disassembled my HiFi rig and moved it into another room. Getting the sound back to what one is happy with after such a move can be challenging to say the least. This album is one of my test albums when checking for sound quality. I like to hear the bite in the guitar particularly in the opening two tracks on this album.

I use that record too (among many others) as a reference when testing some change or a new toy. Maybe it would be interesting opening a new thread asking the forumers their favourite records used for this practice.

Best
Max (spin the black circle)
cybot

Post by cybot »