What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:06 pm Image

Been listening to a lot of old stuff recently....can't believe this is 20yrs old
Even back then you were 20 years ahead of us!
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Hall and Oats Hits package from their RCA years.

.sjb
JAW

Post by JAW »

We were talking on a family WhatsApp group about lost cities and Fordlandia in the Amazon came up. Then one of my sisters, who's more into classical music, popped up with this. Once again, thanks to Tidal I can hear it immediately. Dunno how to describe it, but it's very relaxing and washes over you in a soothing way.
cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:35 pm Image

We were talking on a family WhatsApp group about lost cities and Fordlandia in the Amazon came up. Then one of my sisters, who's more into classical music, popped up with this. Once again, thanks to Tidal I can hear it immediately. Dunno how to describe it, but it's very relaxing and washes over you in a soothing way.
Surprised you haven’t heard that one. I started late with Jóhann. Missed out on the early releases. My first one was ‘Englabórn’ on the Touch label and it just mushroomed from there until his untimely death. His soundtrack work is phenomenal. Still haven’t gotten around to filling in the gaps. My favourite is undoubtedly the very minimalistic ‘Virðulegu Forsetar’ with its beautiful brass arrangement. ‘Copenhagen’ is another.
Last edited by cybot on Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

JAW wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:35 pm Image
I was idly watching Fanning at Whelan's last night when Glen Hansard was asked about his favourite music at the moment. First one mentioned was this... recommended to him by Warren Ellis no less.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Orbital - the “brown” album.

.sjb
Brutus1968

Post by Brutus1968 »

Just bought this one:

Only the story about this album was completed is worth a documentary https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/ ... -stanshall

Best
Max (spin the black circle)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Brutus1968 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:52 am Just bought this one:

Only the story about this album was completed is worth a documentary https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/ ... -stanshall

Best
Ah fantastic but sad story. Thanks for that! I never got into him or his band. My loss. However my next post will reveal a lovable eccentric I did get into. Buster Bloodvessel. And with a Beatles connection too ;)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

Lucinda Williams did a few lockdown shows, later released in CD. This is her Stones covers album. Quite faithful to the original versions and strangely all the better for that.

.sjb