Coffee Culture

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
jaybee

Re: Coffee Culture

Post by jaybee »

Diapason wrote:He will indeed grind to your spec.
cool... I had a grinder but I got rid of it as it does make an unholy mess of the place.... cleaning the countertop every day kind of negates the caffeine!!
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Just leave the grounds there: they add character!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

This has become my laptop's wallpaper.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/399 ... 6287_o.jpg

(The image is too big to display and it might break the internet if I did anyway)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

Good choice of wallpaper Ivor.....a favoured subject on a neutral background for clear visibility of all of those hard to see icons.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I mentioned on another forum (yes Godammit I am seeing other forums!) that a guy operating out of The Ranelagh Market as www.nickscoffeecompany.ie is well worth a visit. Apart from being a very affable chap Nick sells great coffee at sensible prices (i.e. cheaper than most for this level of quality) and for that reason alone deserves a bit of support.
He also has a little shop just to the left of the Market. It's all beside Superquinn (the old Chariot Inn site if you're of a certain age). If you arrive by LUAS then hop off at the Ranelagh stop, turn right on leaving the station and Nick's shop is 30 seconds walk on the opposite side of the road. Of course this is within striking distance of Redmond's off-licence too.... you could do all the weeks shopping in 15 minutes. Of course Superquinn and the other market stalls could provide food if you're feeling conventional.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Eventually got to try the third floor coffee shop. Had a bit of trouble finding and if its the same place which I assume it is, its in the twisted sister. Never had an espresso like it before but thought the setting unusual. It seems a strange/difficult place to operate a coffee shop I hope it works out for him. Had the family in tow but no hot chocolates. When I understand where I was I could relate it to calling into a motorcycle shop and asking to see their range of push bike helmets.
Kids got a laugh as twisted sisters jukebox had a selection of 4 artists and 2 of them where Talking Heads and Bjork so I was immed. impressed with the place. Is that the old Hotpress hall of fame venue?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

not to be taken seriously.

http://vimeo.com/15104279

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

anybody want to compete? Some serious prizes on offer.

http://www.eventelephant.com/hasbeanwor ... mpionships