Hifi plans for 2021?

Diapason

Re: Hifi plans for 2021?

Post by Diapason »

You've caused a run on those, Tony, product is no longer available now. Assume there's a glut of them winging their way to the real high end audiophiles in the Far East as we speak. You're such an influencer.

Ivor, like you I'm thinking that the only really effective upgrade I can make now is a new house. Good to see you're one step ahead as always.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

Diapason wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:52 pm You've caused a run on those, Tony, product is no longer available now. Assume there's a glut of them winging their way to the real high end audiophiles in the Far East as we speak. You're such an influencer.
Yes I hate to boast but my burgeoning career as a professional influencer has hit the stratosphere. My instatwatter feed will be launched in quarter two for the moment you can catch me on my you tube channel. I kept it 'real' here and didn't go too over the top. The hair looks a bit long coz I have struggled to get to the barber recently.

Last edited by tony on Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

Good luck Ivor hope it all goes smoothly. It's a chore selling at any time but this is certainly uncharted waters. Things seem to be selling so it looks like there is pent up demand. Will be sorry to see you move out of the parish.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Tony, market that hair tonic and you'll be able to afford bigger speakers again... 😉
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Diapason wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:52 pm You've caused a run on those, Tony, product is no longer available now. Assume there's a glut of them winging their way to the real high end audiophiles in the Far East as we speak. You're such an influencer.

Ivor, like you I'm thinking that the only really effective upgrade I can make now is a new house. Good to see you're one step ahead as always.
Or you could try these boards which are being touted highly...

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/aptitlig-b ... -00233429/

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/ikea_aptitlig.htm
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Review is from 2014, surely there's been an upgraded model released since then...
tony

Post by tony »

Cyndale wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:52 pm

Or you could try these boards which are being touted highly...

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/aptitlig-b ... -00233429/

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/ikea_aptitlig.htm
Very good I might have to experiment but on this occasion I decided to go with the Irish Chef. His compatriot Richard Corrigan has a pair of Tannoys I hear from a very reliable source here :). My sources suggest he may have discussed the design at a Kitchen bake off and that this inspired Nevins efforts to produce a hifi support board system especially for Tannoy speakers.
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Made my first 2021 purchases. Replaced my Mac Mini (Music Server) with a SGC SonicTransporter Optical i9 and my microRendu streamer with a Sonore OpticalRendu Streamer with signature power supply. Overall big improvement - most of it from the opticalRendu.
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
Mark

Post by Mark »

Interesting post folks!

2017-2020 were a fairly music free years for me, I didn't end up using my hifi due to life getting in the way and eventually ended up putting it away when we decided to renovate slightly.

I decided to start 2021 but setting up the below:
Linn Sondek LP12
Meridian 800v4 reference CD
Meridian G02 pre-amp (with MC)
Meridian G55 running bridged
B&W 802 Matrix S3 speakers
Nordost Blue Heaven cabling
Chromecast Audio

After spending the last few years just using spotify as a source through laziness, I've really enjoyed the sense of occasion of Vinyl/CD again and find myself sitting down listening to music instead of watching TV in the evening - a wonderful change.

My main hifi plans for 2021 is to enjoy it and expand the vinyl collection! I may consider changing the speakers if something interesting comes up but otherwise I'm happy with the rest of it.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Thats a lovely collection of gear that should bring you much listening pleasure.....
Do or do not, there is no try