What music are you listening to currently?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
tweber

Re: What music are you listening to currently?

Post by tweber »

Thanks for the links Dermot...they're brilliant. I've loved the PG Fleetwood Mac for 30+years (I remember Rory Gallagher describing FM from the late 70s and 80s as Chinzano music and I must say I agree). The Peter Green story is both fascinating and sad, prodigious talent but huge mental torment wrecking his life. I really love Man of the World but it's a hard listen for me still. Rest well Peter!!! I am weeping.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:20 pm
Thanks for the links Dermot...they're brilliant. I've loved the PG Fleetwood Mac for 30+years (I remember Rory Gallagher describing FM from the late 70s and 80s as Chinzano music and I must say I agree). The Peter Green story is both fascinating and sad, prodigious talent but huge mental torment wrecking his life. I really love Man of the World but it's a hard listen for me still. Rest well Peter!!! I am weeping.
Ah Shane, what are we going to do?? I've never known anyone to turn my life upside down both during and after his stay here on this Earth. At least we have a magnificent legacy to cherish until our own endtime. Thanks for your thoughts Shane. I'm weeping with you too....As for 'Man of the World'? Can't go there right now.....
mcq

Post by mcq »

Buck Meek’s recently released Roll Back The Clocks is simply exquisite. I really enjoyed his deceptively understated and very naturalistic observations of everyday life on his first album (of which the finest example is Joe By The Book) but this is a major step forward. There is a honeyed warmth and intimacy to his Texan drawl which is perfect for this idyllic evocation of a perfect moment spent observing his beloved after waking. It’s a short song, barely two minutes in length, but so much is captured here with such economy of means, so much expressed of the singular preciousness of life.

“When your wristwatch stops
Friend, don't wind it
Time is all we've got
Though when love knocks
Always answer
Love's the maker of the clock”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5jHdCqyZMs
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

Best band around at the moment. Simple as.....

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:35 am Best band around at the moment. Simple as.....

I have yet to unwrap the shrink from my copy but it's debut here is imminent. Great band alright.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:59 pm
cybot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:35 am Best band around at the moment. Simple as.....

I have yet to unwrap the shrink from my copy but it's debut here is imminent. Great band alright.
Your post a while ago alerted me to this band. Of course I didn't check them out until recently. Last nights piece on RTE told me enough....Just hope he doesn't turn into another Bono ;)
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:53 pm
Ivor wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:59 pm

Your post a while ago alerted me to this band. Of course I didn't check them out until recently. Last nights piece on RTE told me enough....Just hope he doesn't turn into another Bono ;)
Debut is great. Picking this up tomorrow.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:53 pm
There is a slight danger of that. The first album could have been written by WB Yates on a sick day. Having heard the second one... and I had fears, I am relieved. It's brilliant.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

That's a relief. Looking forward to spending endsummer with FDC......