Looking for ECC82 NOS Telefunken

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Georgi

Looking for ECC82 NOS Telefunken

Post by Georgi »

Hi, probably a long shot, but will ask.
I'm looking for pair of Telefunken ECC82 NOS with Diamond shape at the bottom.
Also if anyone have them, but don't want to sale them, I would love to try them, just to compare with my current tubes I use.
Thanks.
Cyndale

Re: Looking for ECC82 NOS Telefunken

Post by Cyndale »

I had a similar query on here about EL34 valves and all the responses said I would have to buy abroad/online. Thankfully I stocked up on a couple of valves way back in the 1990s.
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Thanks, I do know that and bought a pair of them. Hopefully will be getting here in the next week or so, with all the madness around. :)
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Hi Georgi
Probably a bit late but I have two you could try.
Personally I don't like them I find they lack body and can be ever so slightly grainy compared to fir example a Mullard M8137 or Siemens Ecc 83
I am using a mastersound ph5 preamp into two mastersound 845 monoblocks.
Cheers
Alan
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Hi Alan,
Thank you for the offer, but I got mine two days ago. :)
Listening at the moment, and the first impressions are positive, can't hear much difference from what I was using so far ecc82 JJ Gold pin, which are excellent sounding tubes for the money.
I mean there is so slight difference, but is just almost unnoticeable, like slightly roll off in the hights or something.
I'll give them few good weeks to break in properly and then make any opinion.
But not bad so far.
I'm using good DIY Pre amp in to a DIY Aleph 3 Power amp.
Cheers
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Hi
It is interesting you say there is not a huge difference to the JJ Gold Pin bearing in mind the price difference is huge
I found the same changing NOS valves for new ones such as genalex or golden lion.
Yes there is a difference in some cases quite subtle but better.
The you say to yourself are these better or just different.
12ax7 are supposed to make a bigger difference than 12au7 I would tend to agree with that but again it is not huge.
I find the benefits when there to be more dynamics and fullness of the sound.
There again it can drive you nuts and spend a fortune in the process
Hope they work out well for you.
Cheers
Alan
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

I don't have much experience with tubes, to be honest. Have heard few different types, but not much to be count as a lot of experience.

I would say, they are different. I hope the sound to change slightly in time, to better ofcourse. :)
The Telefunken for me, so far, sounds with a bit more /if I can say/ luxury or finesse, if you will. Sound is a bit 'round' in the 'edges'. I know when you read this, is funny and stupid, but that's how I feel it.
I like the JJ's touch of roughness or sharpness if you will. Still have the body and the finesse, but a bit more rock and roll touches.

Will see.

Cheers
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Fully understand what you are saying I was using moving coil cartridges, good ones.
The after much deliberation bought a moving iron cartridge.
If oone was looking for a smooth warm sound then these are not going to deliver it.
What they do is provide full dynamics of a live band orchestra or whatever with everything that goes with it.
I don't like clinical sounding gear.
Enjoy
Cheers
Alan
hudo

Post by hudo »

I have spare ECC82 RCA, Mullard, RT, Amperex, just from top of my head, if you need any;)

Tried bunch of them in my line preamp (not phono), but at the end the combination of 2x Primaluna stock (Shuguang) and 2x Philips Miniwatt NOS give the best sound in terms of timbre, warmth and details.

But few days ago I got 4x JJ long plates (ECC802S, not gold pins) and they give amazing holorgaphic 3D image, so using them at the moment. They are also on the warm side, hopping with break in I'll get little bit more details.

This guy has them for sale, but they go from 100$ to 1000$ for pair: http://www.audiotubes.com/12au7.htm
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > ATC SCM40
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Thanks for that would have a look at ampere bugle boy would also be interested if her has any shuagang 845b
Cheers
Alan