Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
markof

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
markof

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

I was in a record shop today and John Coltrane was playing, so I put this LP on when I came home.

markof

Post by markof »

I'm bowled over by the production on this album.
Soloists are right there in the room with you.

I'm watching "Treme" right now and thought I'd dip into some New Orleans jazz.

Mark
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Just stuck that on, markof, loving it so far. Thanks for the rec.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

No need to say anything is there?

mcq

Post by mcq »

Try following that one with the man’s final masterpiece, Interstellar Space, or Giant Steps with Ascension. It’s an extraordinary and jarring shift of direction but such listening sessions allow you to really get a sense of the sheer breadth of vision that this man had.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
markof

Post by markof »

cybot

Post by cybot »

mcq wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:28 pm Try following that one with the man’s final masterpiece, Interstellar Space, or Giant Steps with Ascension. It’s an extraordinary and jarring shift of direction but such listening sessions allow you to really get a sense of the sheer breadth of vision that this man had.
Must do. Thanks for the tip.....
markof

Post by markof »

RIP Lyle Mays