You Tube Videos

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
mcq

Re: You Tube Videos

Post by mcq »

To be honest, All Them Witches first crossed my radar because they share their band name with a title of an album by the Hedvig Mollestad Trio, but I am so very glad I took the time to investigate and fully engage with their music.  Influences of late Sixties hard rock abound here. I think the primary influences are Cream and the Allman Brothers but I also hear a lot of early Sabbath as well as splashes of Blue Cheer and Iron Butterfly.  It's quite a potpourri of influences but it doesn't strike me as derivative and, personally, I find it utterly intoxicating.  I have four of their albums on order at the moment but there is plenty of live footage to savour online.  

Two KEXP sessions:

And two complete live concerts:

Oh my, this is a special band whose development over the next few years will prove very interesting to follow.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
cybot

Post by cybot »

How on earth did I miss this band? Absolute find there Paul. Will definitely search the vinyl editions. Can't wait! Thanks for the tip.....
tony

Post by tony »

Jasus months since I last posted a David Byrne video !
The nifty backing singers dance routine will get your 10k steps done in jig time

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

Raw energy, Youtube is great hidden gems that would be lost forever

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I thought this was terrific....

Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

There be magic......Extraordinary!
tweber

Post by tweber »

I thought this was terrific....
Agreed, that NPR site is full of gems of every genre.
tony

Post by tony »

Just in case anyone here forgets about this old foggie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvlT5fBIi4U[/youtube]
hudo

Post by hudo »

A peek back in history, when preamps had Holographic Injection Theoretical Ratio, Auto Correlator, Peak Unlimiter, and all that from well known hifi celebrity Bob Carver

♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > ATC SCM40
mcq

Post by mcq »

One of the very best songs I’ve heard all year is “Not” by Big Thief and this recent performance is the most powerful version I’ve yet heard.

The level of wound-up vocal intensity which Adrienne Lenker generates in this performance is just overwhelmingly powerful. There is a rage and frustration on display here which is intensely personal and is vocalised with a deeply committed visceral intensity that I find utterly compelling. The performance builds and builds with a concentrated inexorable force until the simmering emotions spill over into a guttural roar of anguish which is just electrifying. A quite incredible performance from one of the very best artists that we have right now.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.