chipamp lifepo4 powered monoblocks

Sligolad

Re: chipamp lifepo4 powered monoblocks

Post by Sligolad »

No need to rotate batteries, see the follow on thread here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3810
All the amps built since then work fine off the battery packs with no battery fails or voltage drops using the charging method in the thread.

The amps have been bulletproof since we finished builds and take pride and place in my system still with nothing found so far to challenge them.

Re: chipamp lifepo4 powered monoblocks

Post by jkeny »

BenGaffney wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:24 am Perhaps I should have made it clear that I meant rotat the batteries so that each one was close to the load of the chip for limited amount of time before it was put at the other end.

Of ourse this would mean numbering the batteries so as to not get mixed up. It would also mean not soldering the batteries together. I think a tube with spring loading that fit the batteries snug so the positive end of one would be adjacent to the -ve end of the other and be linked by a copper disks about 1 mm x 6 mm with a wire attached to it that lead to the battery balance charger should work.

Regards,
Ben Gaffney
Sorry, Ben, I'm not getting email notifications from this forum so only saw this now
Yes, rotating batteries would probably work but is too much hassle for most
Maybe using supercapacitors instead of batteries might solve this, - then there is no damage if supercap is drained unlike LiFePO4 batteries?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.